Vampire Vamp

The_Coyote

Emperor
inspired by esvath and SaibotLieh i tried my hands on my first human like unit. For this i modified the spy (so the model is not made from scratch and also uses parts from the texture from the female vampire hero Losha from the FFH mod)

More or less i´m satisfied with the model (not to 100% with the texture and also the shoulder area is still a bit to male like if you ask me), so here are the stats.

Disclaimer: DO NOT USE THE MODEL IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED BY NUDITY!

1021 vertices, 1390 triangles, 1 x 256 and 1 x 128 texture (with a 128 and a 64 gloss),

three version of the dress versions included, the dress becomes more an more transparent (standard is the 'medium' version, used is 'cloth.dds')

model uses the Charlemagne LightSwordsman animation (there should be also a blood version available)

DL.: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14086

edit: v2 with the improved rigging from SaibotLieh uploaded (see to compare the attached pic)

edit2: best search for (or do the changes by yourself - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6783765&postcount=5) a version of the animation with female sounds [the animation is not and will not be included in the package]

Ciao
The_Coyote

Attachments

• demo_v2_all.jpg
    demo_v2_all.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,303
Absolutely brilliant idea to model a transparent dress over a body :cool:
It requires a high modeling ability :king:
:goodjob:

Yay, reinforcement! :D
I like the model, especially the idea with the transparent dress. So far I always tried to remove as much of the legs as possible so that they don't interfere with the overlaid clothes, but your dress works quite well.
I've toyed a bit with your model to make it look more feminine. Messing with the node structure is still mostly a try-and-error thing for me, but I'm slowly getting better. For your model I pushed the node between the clavicle and the upper arm up in z-direction. This pushes the arms down, resulting in graciler shoulders. I also pushed the node between the upper arm and the forearm up a bit to lessen the effect of the change on the whole arm.
The second change I made was pushing both nodes of the head a bit forward in the y-direction in order to push the model's head back. The position of the head is most of the time the easiest thing to change, because it has practically no effect on the rest of the body. Changing to much of the arms for example can lead to overbend shoulders or arms that pass through the body during some animations.
The last thing I modified was your weight of the right dress-lap. It stuck out when the leg was bend strongly, because the R Calf was underweigthed. Certainly this wouldn't be seen in the game, only with programs like nifscope, but after weighting so much dresses, I've become a bit finicky. :lol:
I've attached the modified .nif at this post, hope you like the changes.
Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

Attachments

• LightSwordsman.rar
    35.5 KB · Views: 75
@ ambrox62

@ SaibotLieh

thanks alot, i have exchanged the download (it´s not to 100% your version, i had to fine adjust some rigging from the dress between the legs and move some vertices - it´s so much trial and error and i think the animation weren´t really made for such a model), your arm rigging is imo a really great improvement

it´s so much trial and error and i think the animation weren´t really made for such a model

All too true, most of the models have some animations that just don't go along with skirts. The run animation is the most painful of them. But it's fun to make it all work in some way. :)

in the zip are three textures for the dress, cloth_full.dds (no transparency), cloth.dds [medium transparency], cloth_low.dds [high transparency].

Used is the texture with the name cloth.dds, so rename the texture of the variant you like most to cloth.dds and the model will use this dress (you can also change the texture with nifskope)

@ The_J

thanks :) Did you mean something like this with non human units?

Attachments

• early_prev.jpg
    early_prev.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 809
I think she would be a very nice Calabim assassin. Then, the more transparent one would be a great Calabim Shadow. I am so including this in my modmod :nod-nod:

Now, if there some vampire male model to reskin with... the one with flowing cape like the classing Dracula. (looking expectant)

in the zip are three textures for the dress, cloth_full.dds (no transparency), cloth.dds [medium transparency], cloth_low.dds [high transparency].

Used is the texture with the name cloth.dds, so rename the texture of the variant you like most to cloth.dds and the model will use this dress (you can also change the texture with nifskope)

@ The_J
Thank you. This will probably let me use some other skins that I downloaded as well.

@ A_Hamster

it depends, while you can easily change the texture, it´s not clear how the unit will look. The model and the dress have a unwrap (the rule how to put a 2D pic on a 3D unit) and your other texture should fit (more or less) this unwrap. If not, in most cases you have first to do some texture work to use other textures

I did a quick reskin for Vampire and Vampire Lord. Me think this will complement your Vampire Lady. Maybe we should do Vampire child next?

Spoiler :
Vampire Lord

Vampire

Download here.

Did you mean something like this with non human units?

Spoiler :

At least you won't have to fiddle with the rigging of some dress with that unit. ;)
Or will you... :eek:

Top Bottom