Van01 - A Newbie Hope

Vanor is UP!
Splime is on deck (or MIA?).

Haven't checked in since you guys settled your 3rd city!

So gonna read it through...

Splime hasn't been active in his thread either. (which might be dead, if somebody won't resurrect it.)

Sorry, my PC crashed a bit ago and I still haven't gotten everything setup again. Best to skip me this time around, it will be a few days yet before I can get everything DL'ed and installed for Civ.

Okay, just had few minutes to check in on the status here.

I'm going to need a skip this round as I'm off in a training class without my CD for the entire week.

Roster check:

1. Pigswill - Just Played
2. Vanor - Skip while computer is repaired
3. Splime - Up or waiting to be skipped
4. Dawn - Out of town without Civ CD until Monday
5. glenmetz - On Deck
6. stuge -

Glenmetz, can you take it if Splime doesn't in the next 24h?

Glen, hello? I'll play a set tomorrow if there's nothing from you.

Well, took me longer than I thought, but I played up to turn 400 (1780 AD).

-Harassed Monty's coast with privateers, although lost one to a caravel.

-Some worker action, mostly chain irrigating around Yaroslavl'.

-Utica has started mass-producing confu missionaries.

-Hippo has started massisng cuirassiers.

-A GA was born in Carthage, so I researched democracy, fired off a GA and switched civics big time to US/FS/emancipation/FM/FR. Yeah, we're the ultimate free society now. Thanks to the switch and the GA, our science rate is nearing 1000 beakers per turn.

In the name of not letting this game die, I'd like everyone to take a look at the save and discuss our future strategy. Things to decide include:

-Do we stay peaceful?

-Do we build the SoL?

Personally I think we should research towards assembly line and railroad, picking up rifling and steel along the way. Then we modernise our army, forgetting about the SoL. Then we DOW Pacal and Joao, aiming to become the undisputed power on our continent. Hopefully Freddy stays out.

From there on we can continue to either domination or space race.

Attachments

• Prince Vanor AD-1780.CivBeyondSwordSave
    456 KB · Views: 107
I have been on the road with my new job and haven't been able to give this a look yet. Hopefully I can open the save and contribute something today. :blush:

Should we open this up to allow anyone who can play to take it from here?

Finally had a chance to look over the game.

Current situation:
1780AD with 7 turns left on our Golden Age.
Replaceable Parts are due in 1 turn.
Relations: Cathy is still Furious that we control her. Pacal is still Annoyed at us. Jao and Freddie are Pleased.

Lots of Universities being built which is a good thing - we have a slight tech lead.
Need custom houses in Novograd, Moscow, and Rostov. That will be nice increase in income. Forbidden Palace finishes in 3 turns.

As for SoL, I say we build it in one the non-heavy production sites. Production centers need to continue to churn military.

Any military venture will have to have three forces due to the size of the front with Pacal. And we have to crush Pacal before we reach Jao. He has a nice group of cannon fodder there. Oh, and Jao is much higher in Power than we are (we're 5th in soldier count).

I agree with pursuing Rifling and then perhaps Steel (cannons). Maybe even the other way around. Cannons can bypass the wall defense and quickly reduce defenders, allowing even maces, muskets, and knights to wipe out a city.

Top Bottom