Venice and Military CS

Lrd Dread

Prince
Playing Venice and puppeted several military CS.
As soon as I did, their entire armies (except for archers) disappeared and I never once received any units from them.

Anyone know why?

When you puppet a CS, that's the equivalent of wiping them out. If you wanted units, you should have used your Merchant of Venice to make allies with them, rather than buy them out completely. (MoV is muuuch stronger than standard GMs when conducting trade missions)

Also are you sure their armies disappeared after MoVing them ? Seems like a bug. My MoV taking over a city state gave it to me with the entirety of its army and buildings.

I MoVed but my units moved... :(

MoV does not cause units to disappear. You gain control of them just like you would with Austria buying them. However, it does cause them to bounce around a bit.

Why do I have a feeling that the OP actually went and attacked the CSs?

I was thinking the same thing. Taking over a city-state is just like conquering anyone else, you don't get anything but the city! With a MoV they should give you their units, they might be displaced. Also they won't continue to give you units if they're a Militaristic CS, they only do that if you're allied with them.

Top Bottom