[SCENARIO] Vertical Solar Sistem Map

TPEHEP

Prince
I did it!

Vertical map of the solar system.

There are presented all the planets of the solar system + Moon, asteroid belts, all types of space etc. Also, there is an uninhabited Earth-like planet on the map.

The game has seven civilizations, each of which represents one of the game cultures (European, Middle-Eastern, etc.). Civilizations are named after the "ancestors" of man - homo helmei, homo heidelbergensis, etc. Two of them were created by me (for the American continent)

The map of the Earth was taken from crossclayton (clik) with minimal editing.

Map size - Gigantic
The size of the Earth is - +-Huge

For mapmakers - to create a vertical map, I wrote all the coordinates of the x-y tiles in the file manually. I did not manage to find another way.

Map.png
1669882626017.jpeg

Last update: 10.09.2023:

Fixed maps for SVN11562+ -

Just have fun

Attachments

• VerticalSolar Cut.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • VerticalSolar multiciv.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
You somehow managed to remove European culture :p
Spoiler :

What are your turn times on that map?
It appears like Earth is slightly smaller than my entire "small world" spacemap :p
Civ in Middle East must be most interesting to play - European civ to west, East Asia civ to East and African civ on south.
Probably you could get in contact with Oceania too as soon as you can travel on coastal waters.

Entire map is 120x200 big that is 24 000 tiles. It has Gigantic size.
Main Earth map has size of 120x67 - 8040 tiles. Midway between Huge and Giant size.

I would suggest spreading civs from each other as far as possible:
North Americans - as north as possible but still at suitable lands.
South Americans - as south as possible but still be on plains or something like that.
Europeans - most westward side of Europe.
Africans - as south as possible.
Asians - somewhere close to Japan, north as possible.
Oceania - relocate them to Australia, can get to Asia trough coastal waters anyway.
Arabs - somewhere closet to coast, between Africa and India.
This way they would have most space to expand into before they contact with each other.
And it would give Arabs most breathing room.

It seems like you can't go around the world by sea, as there is sea ice directly bordering with southernmost part of south America.

Last edited:
What are your turn times on that map?

Eternity, of course

I would suggest spreading civs from each other as far as possible...

I did not aim to balance the start. "Hobbits" are deliberately put in very difficult conditions, "the Arabs" - as the cradle of civilization - in very light.

It seems like you can't go around the world by sea...

Without cities and fortresses, allowing to swim through continents - it is impossible, yes

I'm still in antiquity, I'm checking.
1.5-2 minutes on the turn, on my machine in modern+
Two minutes on this map in Modern era?
Or generally two minutes on Huge/Giant map during Modern era?
What computer do you have?
I have Intel Core i3-3220 CPU - 3.3 GHz.
For Civilization 4 and this mod I guess GHz count is most important thing in computer.

This is exactly the map I've been waiting for to get back into Caveman2Cosmos :D I tried making something similar (dunno how many people remember my multiple posts about asking why my map kept crashing and no one knew why) and it always caused a crash on creating the map, even though nothing looked wrong in the file. Maybe I had to do it manually or something like you did. Cause nothing looked wrong in the map file, it all looked good. But it still crashed.

It even crashed when all I did was re-generate the UEM map and add nothing to it. Kinda weird.

But now this map is out...just gotta wait a couple weeks or so for V38 I think it is to be out and get back to playing Caveman2Cosmos :) Thanks for your work on this.

As a note, when a player starts the game as the Asian civ, there is an area of land that is revealed that is a bit outside of what the starting units can directly see. It is a ways to the West and a bit South of the starting location. You might want to change those squares to being not revealed.

As a note, when a player starts the game as the Asian civ, there is an area of land that is revealed that is a bit outside of what the starting units can directly see. It is a ways to the West and a bit South of the starting location. You might want to change those squares to being not revealed.
Best way would be just to remove all TeamReveal or how it is called directly from map file @TPEHEP

Fixed

@TPEHEP,

If we are to include this map in the Private maps section of C2C the restrictions on using all game speeds needs to be addressed. I.e. allowing Normal and Epic game speeds to be selected.

@TPEHEP,

If we are to include this map in the Private maps section of C2C the restrictions on using all game speeds needs to be addressed. I.e. allowing Normal and Epic game speeds to be selected.
Worldbuilder is ancient and pukes trash in map file every time you save map.

Everytime you want to upload or play map after saving it you need to do following things:
Following line must be removed: MaxTurns=(any number)
All unit and team reveal infos needs to be removed as well.
You need to have backup of Team and Player infos too.
These tips are valid if you want to make standard scenarios.

That crap was annoying, when I made my spacemap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom