[TOT] Very bad performance on Windows 10

After you run the ToTPP launcher you set your preferred changes and it patches the original EXE file. Then you just change the compatibility settings for it in the regular shortcut to ToT's civ2.exe.
But for ToTPP you disable compatibility mode and full screening off?

Hello.

I keep strugling with windows 10, can someone help?

Rui_TNV, with former versions of TOTPP I had problems on my Win 10, 64 bit pc, too. Soon the screen became "flickering", the units moved slowly over the map and the pc became "instable", even when TOTPP was closed.

With the new version of TOTPP (0.16) all these problems are gone. Now I can play Civ2 TOTPP games for a long time with my Win 10 pc and enjoy the great scenarios that are created with that tool. :) Rui_TNV, if you haven´t done this yet, please try to install the newest version of TOTPP and may be you have as much luck in playing TOTPP scenarios, as I had it with the new version of TOTPP.

I just tested it on my Win10 and now the game freezes in the main menu, or if I don't click away the intro, it freezes in the intro, with the video & sound still playing but it can't be skipped anymore. The previous version did not do this.

Now it works again on Win10. I changed nothing, CPU patch still active. Very confusing...

Did you happen to have the CD in the drive (or the .iso file mounted) when you tested the first time? The No CD patch doesn't seem to like that.

But always works? And never stops?
So far it works (again). Let's see if it stops working at some point...

Did you happen to have the CD in the drive (or the .iso file mounted) when you tested the first time? The No CD patch doesn't seem to like that.
I don't remember that, but I will test with & without later.

Top Bottom