Viability of Morocco?

There's one aspect of Morocco that most people have ignored and that is the the bonus to attracting AI caravans. Essentially Its like having a free Colossus in every city.

Now in this case I played Egypt (Diety btw - It's an unusual build but I wanted to get an early Colossus, market and East India Company to attract as many foreign trade routes as possible). As you can see the gold pays off.

The second screenshot shows the value of building roads towards AI cities as it highlights the Polish caravan snaking its way through roads to get to my capital which is beyond 15 tiles.
The only downside to this game was that by the time the modern era come around no AI would send a single trade route to my cities so it seems like you need to embargo citystates to keep this working.
Otherwise it's quite powerful as you can see with the 74 gold per turn just from incoming trade routes. With Morocco ideally you'd want to try a similiar strategy (play peacefully and build early roads towards AIs to encourage caravans.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Wrapped wide images in spoiler tags.

Top Bottom