Viking-esque Civ

So if I want to give it a description I can just make an entry in the Fraelim Civilization file for it?

Oh, thank you. Here I thought that I needed to go threw a convoluted process to make it work

Time for another quick question: I have just picked out 3 pictures I want to use as buttons for the three Fraelim spells. The current art button for them says

Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Drown.dds

I naturally opened up the Interface document in the art section but I was unable to find what I need to in order to add in the new buttons. How exactly do I add them in?

EDIT: Turns out that GIMP isn't as helpful as it could be, any possible way to convert a jpg into a nif and/or a dds?

For making buttons, you'll want the button template.psd. I'm pretty suire it's around one of the art folders somewhere. or maybe inside the fpk. I forget which.

I found a button directory inside the art folder but...um, what exactly am I supposed to do after I find the folder? I looked inside the spell button section and couldn't figure anything out. Thank you, by the way

well, you're looking for a .psd file. I don't thik it's in any subdirectory, but in one of the main folders.

also check the art folder in your FF directory. I seem to recall there being one there.

Thanks a ton War, here's hoping I get these buttons done soon (I hate looking at a drown every time I cast any of the Share spells). My only question is, when I've made the button how exactly do I make the game pick up on it?

To put it simply, almost everything except spells and promotions define their button art in the appropriate art file, under assets/xml/art. Promotions and spells define their button within the spell/promotion infos in assets/xml/units

Well after several days of fruitless searching for a way to get the game to acknowledge the norse unit skins I've decided to move on to the next part of the mod. The Worldspell of the Fraelim. Now I understand that in order to make a world spell you need to mess with python so could someone please give me a rough idea of how to create a worldspell?

Sorry that I have been unresponsive for a good bit and thank you all for everything :)

Well after several days of fruitless searching for a way to get the game to acknowledge the norse unit skins I've decided to move on to the next part of the mod. The Worldspell of the Fraelim. Now I understand that in order to make a world spell you need to mess with python so could someone please give me a rough idea of how to create a worldspell?

Sorry that I have been unresponsive for a good bit and thank you all for everything :)
You make a spell just like any other in the spellinfos.xml and just put a 1 in the <bGlobal> field, which makes it a world spell. I've never actually done it myself, but python only seems to be necessary if you can't make the spell do everything you want with just XML.

You make a spell just like any other in the spellinfos.xml and just put a 1 in the <bGlobal> field, which makes it a world spell. I've never actually done it myself, but python only seems to be necessary if you can't make the spell do everything you want with just XML.

I understand how to make a spell its just that creating a unique world spell uses python directories to control the effect of the spell. I can't make one unless I go through python :p
Thank you though

I understand how to make a spell its just that creating a unique world spell uses python directories to control the effect of the spell. I can't make one unless I go through python :p
Thank you though
Well, if you need to go through python to get the desired effect, I can't help you, as I don't understand python yet. But it will probably help whoever does give you advice if you mention what effect you want. The only thing I can tell you is that all of the spell data appears to be in the assets/python/entrypoints folder in CvSpellInterface.py

Well, if you need to go through python to get the desired effect, I can't help you, as I don't understand python yet. But it will probably help whoever does give you advice if you mention what effect you want. The only thing I can tell you is that all of the spell data appears to be in the assets/python/entrypoints folder in CvSpellInterface.py

Good point, I was thinking of either a global experience boost based on the number of dead Fraelim units or a bunch of free units based on the number of dead Fraelim. I suppose now is a good time for me to try and make sense of pytho. Thank you far :)

GC.getGame().getUnitCreatedCount(iUnitType) tells you how many have ever been created this game. Then you have to loop over all units you currently own and count how many match that unit type. Won't work flawlessly if there are 2 players of the Civ in the same game, but works nicely otherwise.

Top Bottom