VoxPopuli Modpacks (last update: 4.7.1)

Hi look at post #74 of the thread, it should work.
Your ingenuity in finding a solution for my MP problem is truly commendable. Not only have you expertly solved this issue, but you've done so in a way that brings forth a new opportunity that will advance our fun in gameplay greatly. Your talents are truly a force to be reckoned with and I am deeply impressed by your modding capabilities.

Thanks, it works!

Your ingenuity in finding a solution for my MP problem is truly commendable. Not only have you expertly solved this issue, but you've done so in a way that brings forth a new opportunity that will advance our fun in gameplay greatly. Your talents are truly a force to be reckoned with and I am deeply impressed by your modding capabilities.

Thanks, it works!
Hey, I'm not an expert, I just tested some things and did some research, but I don't know how to code at all for example... But thanks, I'm glad I helped you :)

Is there a multiplayer modpack
A. VP without EUI, e.g. 4.5.1_VP-SSEM?
B. Community Patch without VP and without EUI e.g. 4.5.1_CP-SSEM?

I am a conservative person.

I use the old stable 3.10.14_VP-SSEM_EUI.zip and it works pretty well in multiplayer.

Although I may miss some new features, 3.10 is already amazing.

There is a CP only 3.10.14., not "SSEM" because the modmods are for VP and not CP. I do not have VP without eui. If you find that there is too much ui with EUI you can disable some on them in the interface options. Eui is so good when you are used to it !

Last edited:
Thanks, both
Will give 3.10.14_CP a go

RE: EUI

Personally
I have a bit of OCD when it comes to ensruing all tiles have improvements

1. Latest EUI-standalone, was great coz it showed a dark dark blue icon on tiles already improved. It made it obvious so i knew which tiles were left to be processed. Liked this most.
2. Default EUI didn't clutter the screen with too much info. I didn't mind - it's default.
3. EUI-bundled with VP/CP doesn't have the dark dark blue icon. And it shows so much data, that i feel as though I'm reading an essay each time. It's personal preference, but i find EU-bundled is giving me the worse experience of both worlds...

Thanks, both
Will give 3.10.14_CP a go

RE: EUI

Personally
I have a bit of OCD when it comes to ensruing all tiles have improvements

1. Latest EUI-standalone, was great coz it showed a dark dark blue icon on tiles already improved. It made it obvious so i knew which tiles were left to be processed. Liked this most.
2. Default EUI didn't clutter the screen with too much info. I didn't mind - it's default.
3. EUI-bundled with VP/CP doesn't have the dark dark blue icon. And it shows so much data, that i feel as though I'm reading an essay each time. It's personal preference, but i find EU-bundled is giving me the worse experience of both worlds...
Did you take a look at the interface options ? You can disable things, and you can delay the apparition of the "too much data".

Did you take a look at the interface options ? You can disable things, and you can delay the apparition of the "too much data".
I've disabled most
In all honestly, if u can show me how i get that dark dark blue ion back, i can ignore everything else or learn to enjoy it!

1710367245492.jpeg

Dark dark blue mine icon = mine built
Next tile!

Alrighty now. Hi, signed in just to say. Thank you for your work guys, this mod really makes the game for me. That said, can I download older version, because at least latest two patch releases do not work for me. Huge map, marathon, 22 civs, 24 states, it crashes every time around 450-500th. turn, around the time first spies get recruited. Crashes every time on CPU turn...

Do not use any invasive additional mods, just historical religions. I mean I tried it with no other mods at all, still the same. Older version used to work perfectly fine, but few months ago I had to reinstall windows, therefor redownload the mod, and not it always crashes around 475 turns, 1/3 of the game, every time, I have tried several campaigns.

Can not boot advanced set up for some reason. I think it could be issue with CPU being conquered, because at least in one of the the games, it will always crash when France loses its final city, and France turns comes up, and it crashes - I use complete kills, so CIVs arent eliminated even with all land lost.

Alrighty now. Hi, signed in just to say. Thank you for your work guys, this mod really makes the game for me. That said, can I download older version, because at least latest two patch releases do not work for me. Huge map, marathon, 22 civs, 24 states, it crashes every time around 450-500th. turn, around the time first spies get recruited. Crashes every time on CPU turn...

Do not use any invasive additional mods, just historical religions. I mean I tried it with no other mods at all, still the same. Older version used to work perfectly fine, but few months ago I had to reinstall windows, therefor redownload the mod, and not it always crashes around 475 turns, 1/3 of the game, every time, I have tried several campaigns.

Can not boot advanced set up for some reason. I think it could be issue with CPU being conquered, because at least in one of the the games, it will always crash when France loses its final city, and France turns comes up, and it crashes - I use complete kills, so CIVs arent eliminated even with all land lost.

Hi, this will be fixed for the next patch ! Your CTDs are likely due to the fact that you play with complete kill.
I am not sure you are on the right thread ;) Do you use modpacks ?

Hi, this will be fixed for the next patch ! Your CTDs are likely due to the fact that you play with complete kill.
I am not sure you are on the right thread ;) Do you use modpacks ?

Hey, thanks, I had a suspicion. Sorry if I am in the wrong thread, this forum is straight from 2005 times, it can be counter-intuitive for my brain, I am really getting old I feel. I only download auto installer I find here and I use that. + I add Historical religions from game menu. But as I mentioned, it crashes even with no other addition mods,

Hey, thanks, I had a suspicion. Sorry if I am in the wrong thread, this forum is straight from 2005 times, it can be counter-intuitive for my brain, I am really getting old I feel. I only download auto installer I find here and I use that. + I add Historical religions from game menu. But as I mentioned, it crashes even with no other addition mods,
Hello, this thread is dedicated to modpacks, a modpack is a way to simulate DLC and be able to play Civ5 mods in multiplayer ;) I think you are not in the right place, but don't worry, it happens.

I couldn't finish one of religious national wonders - Grand Ossuary - because kept losing 1 required global follower. It usually just canceled, and I could start again once I converted more pops. But this time it got stuck even though I was pretty sure I had more than enough required followers. Couldn't pick any production/skip turn. It crashes the save on loading.

Does anyone have any ideas what's wrong? I can load 2 turns before and try something else.

I use More Wonders mod, but I don't think it changes this wonder.

Edit: I landed in the wrong thread too, my bad. I'm not using a multiplayer modpack.

Attachments

• Sid Meier's Civilization V - GrandOssuaryStuck.png
    Sid Meier's Civilization V - GrandOssuaryStuck.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Hi friends,

I'll wait a bit before releasing a 4.6.x modpack as it seems there is a game-breaking bug when conquering a city.

Edit: Well I'll wait this weekend, and if there's still no hotfix I'll do the modpacks.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been asked before but I've searched and I couldn't find anything about this- is there a way of adding a modded civ like those found here to an existing modpack? Or would it be necessary to create a new mod pack? I don't mind having an attempt at a modpack, just hoping there's a simpler solution!

Not sure if this has been asked before but I've searched and I couldn't find anything about this- is there a way of adding a modded civ like those found here to an existing modpack? Or would it be necessary to create a new mod pack? I don't mind having an attempt at a modpack, just hoping there's a simpler solution!
Sadly you have to do the whole process... And you should use custom civs that you find there and are up to date.

Last edited:
Sadly you have to do the whole process... And you should use custom civs that you find there and are up to date.

Edit: Well I'll wait this weekend, and if there's still no hotfix I'll do the modpacks.
Yeah I figured, I attempted to create a modpack and it all seemed to be going fine... Until I booted the game up with the completed modpack and the UI looked like this-
Untitled.png

I thought maybe it was just some weird mod conflict with the custom civs I'd added, but I created a modpack with just regular 3.10.14 VP and EUI, and it still had the same effect. I've followed every step exactly as the instructions say and I just can't get the UI to stop bugging out like this, any ideas??

Edit: Scratch that just attempted again and it does work with regular VP, must be one of the modmods causing it, I'll have another go at narrowing it down.

Last edited:
Yeah I figured, I attempted to create a modpack and it all seemed to be going fine... Until I booted the game up with the completed modpack and the UI looked like this-
View attachment 688557
I thought maybe it was just some weird mod conflict with the custom civs I'd added, but I created a modpack with just regular 3.10.14 VP and EUI, and it still had the same effect. I've followed every step exactly as the instructions say and I just can't get the UI to stop bugging out like this, any ideas??

Edit: Scratch that just attempted again and it does work with regular VP, must be one of the modmods causing it, I'll have another go at narrowing it down.
Hey did you find the issue ? What are the modmods ?

Top Bottom