Want to help? Post Here

I've redownloaded it yesterday, and looked short at it again.

The technologies...err, imho they are just too much. The screen couldn't be more full, it needs a "diet" (just my opinion).

Also i've played some minutes with the worldbuilder.
A shism with a denomination works...if the...?..."parent religion" (i mean for example for all the christian denominations catholic) is present in the city, else not.
Also the prophet is consumed, if you click at the "cancel"-button in the shism-popup.

I guess, you want a revolution in the whole land (whole world), when there's a shism? Shouldn't be a problem for the land, just grab all cities and cycle through them

Yes I want it to loop through all of the cities if a schism occured and remove some religions or add inquisition and missionary units to be used if it can not be automated. But I was hoping to add more factors to the schism as well when I can based on how stable the religion is more or less.

Tech tree is going to completely change the game. I have to readjust all of the AI weights, flavors, and etc. Going to add more unit combat categories to them as well. Might even add to the tree tech channels, and have some only available based on what civilization you play.

I have planned at this point no UU's and UB's. I am using these as more units available to everyone. I am wanting to give a choice later at the end of an era for someone to choose their civilization. So for example Rus could pick Russia. And each new civilization gives unique bonuses as long as you choose it for keeping your empire together. If by Revolution through the Revolution mod you are kicked out then you have no unique bonuses.

So yes a lot of stuff that sounds like it may never get done. I really want these features. So yes I am crazy.:crazyeye:, but that is my large goal.

So yes a lot of stuff that sounds like it may never get done. I really want these features. So yes I am crazy.:crazyeye:, but that is my large goal.

Yes, large, and crazy :D.
What was the target of this mod :D?

Forgot to say:
Python error in the religion screen. I guess, it happend after i've added a religion to one of my cities. I can't take screenshots (function is broken :dunno:), but the relevant part is:
"CvReligionScreen, 303, drawHelpInfo
Attribute Error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute getCivilizationAdjective"

Target of the religion component is as stated. But the later is to revamp the history part in general and continue into the future. A complete overhaul.

The screens does that when you do not have a holy city for a religion but have the religion in a city I noticed.

If you want in the SVN just send my PM or post here a sourceforge user name and I can add you to the SVN.

I took a break for a while, but plan to continue back on this. Just a lot of things to do. I don't expect everything being done quickly. I am looking at the 2 things now I mentioned before Neolithic and Quantified Resources.

I am actually expecting resources to disappear that are domesticated and if the player has access to resource in a stockpile they can make an improvement that gives resource. Basically trying to simulate the domestication of plants and animals. This also comes with certain resources required for promotions thinking and many more things.

The thing later on the list I was thinking was dynamic civs. But that is later. I want to get a mostly complete Neolithic era working first. Thanks for your interest again, and like said no hurries on this. Just a project to work on as time permits. The one thing this will not be is the same old game.

Ya there is no way around it. Sorry. The SVN is on sourceforge. Well if you do let me know.:)

What do you mean by traditional? In english? Or translated it manually in each language? Well I mean if you want to you can do it as well. Just copy the english over or send up a good translation at least for the german.

Thats great for some reason the online translators have issues with German. As you can see. There must be many dialects or something. You post them Ill get them in, no problem.

Johnny I started on recording the tech quotes, Some are good some just ok. I sometimes get like feedback or double voice sometimes. Hopefully i didnt send those up. Ill get Neolithic finished tommorrow, just give me some feedback. Its wried hearing you voice in game. They are under woc lite rapture.

Would of had it done sooner, but it took me longer then i thought to fpk civ golds civs and leaderheads for frank and wyz_sub. But hey i learned alot of new stuff in the 4 days about fpk. Primordialstew claims that xml, sounds, and art can be fpk'ed. I will experiment with that soon. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8404211&postcount=72

Do you still need me to pull out the generic temples from the fpk?

Thanks The_J if you can translate it. Sure here or anywhere is fine to post it. And of course I would rather have a good translation.

Roger I need the pagan shrines and pagan temples. The sounds are ok. Just I was say the future ones a little slower I think, but still ok how they are. So I would not redo them I mean. Thanks again for all of the help.

Don't know about the fpk with sounds. Never tried it because I assumed it would not work. Just hope the stone age stuff can get going. It would really show the tech tree's purpose then.

Do i see it right, that not all text is done yet?

Btw: Modules s*** :D.
To open all the files is time consuming :/.

It's not going fast atm, and i only translate all, what are not civilopedia entries (because i think, that getting into the game is the most important, and civilopedia is secondary).

I guess, some quotes can't be translated, because they are puns, which don't sound right in german.

Thats great for some reason the online translators have issues with German. As you can see. There must be many dialects or something. You post them Ill get them in, no problem.

No, german is just complicated :D.
It's not enough similar to english or the latin related languages, so the programmers for the translation algorithms have to do more work.

I've read a text from Mark Twain today (here), which shows a bit the problem. Example from a short translated text with german grammar:

"In the daybeforeyesterdayshortlyaftereleveno'clock Night, the inthistownstandingtavern called 'The Wagoner' was downburnt. When the fire to the onthedownburninghouseresting Stork's Nest reached, flew the parent Storks away. But when the bytheraging, firesurrounded Nest itself caught Fire, straightway plunged the quickreturning Mother-Stork into the Flames and died, her Wings over her young ones outspread."

just an idea: why couldn't we use the Pantheon or the event of an oecumenical council to reunite the religion and suppress the schimatic movements?
For the ocumenical council I thought that a short time before the end of the byzantine empire, the emperor, accepted to reunite christianity after theological concessions at the council of Florence.

I am not against the idea. I just don't know how I would go about doing it. I was hoping to do some changes on the diplomacy but never got it done. Your idea of a council is what I was thinking with Apostolic Palaces for each group. I was thinking 7 of them in the game that only effect religions part of the same group. So you could improve relations with them or make them worse between another denomination. Too many things though to do.

Suppressing schisms would be a good idea, but would need to rework the schism mechanicism for it. It is fairly complicated. I did not write the code. Faichele wrote it so I am kinda confused on it. If someone wants to do it I am completely willing to modify it. If you know a way of doing it I would be very thankful, and thanks for the idea.

Well in fact I only have the ideas, and I don't know how to do it.

Some other things that could be interesting are, according to me the forbidding of some ressources with some religion, pork for jews and muslims for exemple and a more complex thing, the resemblance between some religions, I think at the assimilation of astrology and at a larger scale observation of the stars in the cults of antiquity, and the "romanisation" of the celtic gods after the conquest of the gauls, wich was not difficult because of they were build on the same basis and with the same structure, a clergy who make sacrifices around a sanctuary.

Well the resources would make sense on a strictly historical basis. As well as the celtic gods having "romanisation". But I wanted to leave that alone. I wanted to leave it open I mean for the "what if" idea. I mean yes they were similar, but not that similar to after the fact. I mean the only true source we have on what the Gauls priest were like is from Julius Caesar himself. I am aiming to not lock in the game to something that did happen I mean when it comes to that part.

I mean the 7 religions themselves are really set because of events from certain areas. So technically if wanted what ifs I should probably even add what if the Inca religion was not later mostly ended by the Spanish, and then some new fast spreading religion began there. I am not going to try to go that far. I just thinking leaving the aka "pagans" as such is as open I can leave it.

Now on sacrifices. I planned for everyone to have sacrifices. They all did at one point. I know the amount is something else. I wanted to have the ability to make more sacrifices reserved for certain groups of course, but the ability in general to every "pagan" religion. Oh one other note I wanted the civics to effect the type of sacrifices available.

I added an Astrology tech in the large mess of techs I did. I planned to make it have some significance. Perhaps a new national building that can enhance any state religion at the time. Do you think that is a bad idea?

Thank you for the input. I just do not want to get your expectations up that all of this will get done. I am working on it as I get time. It is just too large to do quickly. But I can assure I do not want to see what I have done just sit in the corner. All of the help I have has pretty much dried up.

But if anyone is interested in modifying the xml, python, sdk, or art I am need of the help. I know you hear that all of the time with mods here. Anyway if someone wants to help I can set them up on the SVN or they could submit work to me. Does not matter to me.

Well the resources would make sense on a strictly historical basis.

About the forbidding of ressources, I didn't thougt that it's a necessity, just a possibility linked with the way choosed by the prophet, when the creation of a new religion is launch in the game.

As well as the celtic gods having "romanisation". But I wanted to leave that alone. I wanted to leave it open I mean for the "what if" idea. I mean yes they were similar, but not that similar to after the fact. I mean the only true source we have on what the Gauls priest were like is from Julius Caesar himself. I am aiming to not lock in the game to something that did happen I mean when it comes to that part.

The druid in his forest is a stereotype, but the question of the similarities between druidism and the roman religion is still open.

Now on sacrifices. I planned for everyone to have sacrifices. They all did at one point. I know the amount is something else. I wanted to have the ability to make more sacrifices reserved for certain groups of course, but the ability in general to every "pagan" religion. Oh one other note I wanted the civics to effect the type of sacrifices available.

and human sacrifices with "paganism" the first religion civic?

I added an Astrology tech in the large mess of techs I did. I planned to make it have some significance. Perhaps a new national building that can enhance any state religion at the time. Do you think that is a bad idea?

I had the same idea when I began to find a solution to add astrology to Civ.
But it depend on what type of bonus it create, but I think that an another effect should be add with it, something linked with the hereditary rule or if you use it absolutism civic to reflect the apotheosis of the leader, wich became a God. (That's the reason why one of my favourite roman emperor is Hadrian, he was the only one who had no astrologer, because he did it itself, and manage his reign to be divinisated. To sum up the Pantheon is the creation of an egocentric for itself.)

PS: I will perhaps help you with my limited competences, when I will have the time.

About the forbidding of ressources, I didn't thougt that it's a necessity, just a possibility linked with the way choosed by the prophet, when the creation of a new religion is launch in the game.
As it is know it finds what religion is in the city, and if for example Catholicism is in the city it can found another Christian religion. Rapture has an extra xml tag called "ParentReligion" so that you can define the first of the group. It would not help it at the moment, but I understand your point as possibility using in a situation if needed.

The druid in his forest is a stereotype, but the question of the similarities between druidism and the roman religion is still open.
Well yes you are right. I am not going to make just a druid in the forest religion. I did make the unit look as a druid though.

and human sacrifices with "paganism" the first religion civic?
Well I was thinking that for a filler till I can get more civics in. I wanted some stages in aka "pagan" civics. I was thinking one civic for human sacrifices. Then another civic representing no human sacrifices but animal sacrifices plus other types of sacrifices nonhuman related.

If you are interested in the idea I need some ideas on redoing the civics completely as well. I don't need to keep any of the default civics. I was expecting to make the Greek Democracy as a civic for one and a Roman Republic like civic. I really can only explain it more if you have seen the tech tree in Rapture.

I had the same idea when I began to find a solution to add astrology to Civ.
But it depend on what type of bonus it create, but I think that an another effect should be add with it, something linked with the hereditary rule or if you use it absolutism civic to reflect the apotheosis of the leader, wich became a God. (That's the reason why one of my favourite roman emperor is Hadrian, he was the only one who had no astrologer, because he did it itself, and manage his reign to be divinisated. To sum up the Pantheon is the creation of an egocentric for itself.)
Civics would be good to enhance the building. As for the bonus I would think of course a research commerce bonus for one. But how for something more I need to think about it. If I use the spiritual commerce that definitely would be place to use it.

PS: I will perhaps help you with my limited competences, when I will have the time.

Well just planning out civics would be a great help if you want to based on the tech tree I have. I can alter the tech tree around still. Nothing is set in stone on the tech tree. You can use your full imagination with it. Nothing has to stay the way it presently is. Also there is no limit to how many. The civic screen scrolls they do not have to fit into the default civics screen.

Top Bottom