War Elephant Flavour Units

Why when I install the unit , the worker rides on the side of the elephant?

Thanks for the quick response! I will try it now

I tried it and he was still on the side of the elephant. In artdefines I have the original nif file , original kfm file and your fx file. Do I have to edit the original nif file with yours?

I only made one version of the file, so in the XML just direct them both to the FX version.

Or you could make a non-shader version if you like (these are only needed if you have a pathetic graphics card, in which case you should be playing Civ III anyway ;)).

Chugg thanks alot , I figured it out after awhile and now it looks great. I will be including it in a pretty big mod I am putting together currently for BTS.

By the way I have a good graphics card.

Chugg thanks alot , I figured it out after awhile and now it looks great. I will be including it in a pretty big mod I am putting together currently for BTS.

By the way I have a good graphics card.

Could you explain it to me, then? My worker is still clinging for dear life to the side of his elephant!

Here's my ArtDefinesUnit entry:

Code:
<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_WAR_ELEPHANT_MIDDLE_EAST</Type>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/WarElephant.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,7,2</Button>
			<fScale>0.32</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>0.6</fInterfaceScale>
			<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/ArabianWarElephant/WarElephant_FX.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/WarElephant/WarElephant.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/ArabianWarElephant/WarElephant_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/WarElephantShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<fBattleDistance>0.45</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>

Very nice models, Chugg -- I'd really like to use them!

I read somewhere else that BtS uses different animations for their War Elephants, so try using the ones from the Vanilla assets (copy them to your new folder and point to them in the XML).

No idea why they needed new animations when the old ones were working fine :lol:

Maybe this is what Cafegio did to fix it, I had no idea before..

Cool :) What's HephMod?

Check it out in the modpack forums: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=192879

I just released the final version for Warlords a week or so ago and am working on the BtS version right now (I should have a version up soon, as I just quashed a fatal bug that was driving me crazy).

It's one of the many mods out there that attempts to bring loads of flavor and as much historical sensibility as is fun to bear on the vanilla game. It includes a lot of flavor units, some educated adjustments to buildings, wonders, etc., and a good deal of changes to some game features such as religion and unit statistics. It started out as a personalized version of Dearmad's New Balance mod (slower tech pace, slightly longer than epic game) and since some people liked it, I kept putting out new versions. Other mods assimilated (not really incorporated, since they were changed in the process) included elements of Armandeus' Civics Balance, Eusebius' World Religions (he wrote all of the Python code for religions for me), Wes' Medieval mod (a unit balance/realism mod that's outstanding), a Bit More Natural mod (resource changes), a few ideas from NyoMod and Total Realism, and a bunch of units from White Rabbit's EDU mod. Anyway, it includes only a handful of Python mods and is mostly just a careful and well-playtested balancing and en-flavoring version of the vanilla game. Check it out!

Top Bottom