War Elephant Flavour Units

Okay... I read through the entire thread, and nobody seemed to mention this, so I apologize for this comment in advance if it's been mentioned but...

Where's the AFRICAN ELEPHANT for the African nations? Unless my eyes deceive me, all the Egyptian Hyrogliphs in the world doesn't make an Asian Elephants ears grow bigger and make him look like an African Elephant.

This is NOT a criticism of Chugginator... great work my man... I only question why does the African War Elephants not use African Elephants?!?!?

Is this a model issue? Is this impossible to fix? Is there a way to skin an Asian Elephant into looking like an African Elephant (at least with bigger ears). I'm just wondering, because seeing Zulus and what-not riding Asian Elephants seems rather odd to me.

Has this been brought up before? Am I crazy, or is this something that could/should be fixed if possible?

Once again, these are great Chugginator... this is not a criticism of your work, but rather a question of Elephants... African or Asian?

Actually it doesn't really bother me what differences there are between two species of elephant. I would've made bigger ears at the time if I had thought of it.......

Well, I know in modern times, Asian Elephants are prefered for work over African Elephants because they are generally "more tame" then African... of course the Ancients didn't have the luxury of having Dumbo shipped from India over to Carthage or Zululand to fight their wars, so the Ancients used what was on hand... and in Africa, that tended to be (oddly enough) African Elephants.

African Elephants are very distinct over their Asian relatives... most notably in the ears, and if I'm not mistaken, I think the tusks tend to be longer too.

African Elephant:

Asian Elephant:

I would just think it nice if the Asian countries used Asian Elephants and the African countries used African Elephants!

-Just Sayin'

I read somewhere else that BtS uses different animations for their War Elephants, so try using the ones from the Vanilla assets (copy them to your new folder and point to them in the XML).

No idea why they needed new animations when the old ones were working fine :lol:

Maybe this is what Cafegio did to fix it, I had no idea before..

Hmmm... I extraced the War Elephant's KFM file from the Vanilla directory... and now the rider is standing there with his arms stretched out, like they usually do with a broken animation? :confused:

I ended up using the Carthage War Elephant's animations... and it seems to be working fine now. How wierd!

None of them use the cartage war elephants animations, you'll run into problems if you do use them (ie the cartage guy has a spear, but none of my guys do so they will be stabbing you with thin air).

You need to copy the entire War Elephant directory from the Vanilla Assets, not the BTS assets (and make sure your XML is updated). Most cases there is something you've missed in the XML.

Top Bottom