war unhappiness

el toro loco

Warlord
why do your people get unhappy w/ war unhappiness when someone attacks you. i can understand if you are a warmonger but when you are defending yourself you souldn't get unhappiness from war.

why do your people get unhappy w/ war unhappiness when someone attacks you. i can understand if you are a warmonger but when you are defending yourself you souldn't get unhappiness from war.

You don't get war unhappiness when some one attack you. You get war unhappiness when you are at war for so long and your people starting to lose faith in your ability to lead.

You don't get war unhappiness when some one attack you. You get war unhappiness when you are at war for so long and your people starting to lose faith in your ability to lead.

that makes some sense. but this is the problem i have w/ the system

rome is the opponent next to me and i went to war w/ him 4 times and have possitive rating w/ him. after he killed 2 civs, he decides to go after me. by this time he is a huge monster w/ cities but badly behind in techs. so i have redcoats and he has knights but a giagantic lead in troops. after his initial surge in troops which takes me many years to quell, i start taking his cities. why should i declare peace when i finally have the advantage. it would be wrong of me as a leader to declare peace and let a warmonger regain his advantage. right when i'm in a postion of power my people start getting mad about war.

after his initial surge in troops which takes me many years to quell, i start taking his cities.

The key to war unhappiness is "many years" at war you said in your post. It works just like in the real world. It doesn't matter if your war is just, war weariness will kick in if you are at war for a long time.

I doubt you need this little tidbit, but... If you build a jail in each of your cities, build Mount Rushmore, and run a Police State, you will have no war weariness whatsoever.

Top Bottom