Warlords is GOLD

What is the point in opening a second thread with exactly the same title and the same message?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=176507

And the message only can be that until release there is no further need to spam the forum with messages like "What do you think will be added?" or "Can't wait anymore". It will be released when it will be released.

Moderator Action: Both threads have been merged.

EMan said:
What does "gone gold" mean exactly? :)

If I remmeber correctly expression come form time of printed records.
At that time original was created and matherial itself of couting was ellow like gold.

So, original disk from which every other got printed was called gold disc.
So, gone gold right now mean that original CD/DVD was created and given to production.

PS: My ppoor broken English explanation.

@DaviddesJ & Mutineer: Thanks....I never would have guessed! :goodjob:

AndreasS said:
When does it ship in Europe? Really hope its the same day!!!!! :eek:
According to Game and Play.com we in the UK will have to wait till Friday the 28th July :sad: . Not sure about the rest of Europe.

This term was used by music industry.
Audio LP record master was created by cutting machine which inscribes sound groove on soft wax or lacquer disk. This disk has "yellowish" tint of lacquer. So it is called "gold" disk.
Recoding company produces this gold disk and send it to record pressing factory for mass production.
So go "gold" means the master disk is sent to manufacturing factory for mass production.

In pressing factory, the gold disk is electro-plated with nickel-copper alloy. (lacquer is not electically conductive so copper /silver is plated frist in vaccum ) This produces metalic disk with negative groove. It is called "siver disk" from its metalic color.
This metalic siver disk may be used to produce actual black vinyl disk by moding vinyle material on it.
But for mass production ( the silver disk wears out while pressing many vinyl disk), a "stamper" is created from the "silver" disk and the stamper is used for actual molding process( or pressing as is called by the music industry ).

Top Bottom