Warlord
IMPORTANT!
This requires Civilization IV: Warlords 2.08

THE WORLD AT WAR

+100 new units!
New Leaderheads
New Civilizations
Many little gameplay changes

The World at War is Civilization 4 mod, its my first mod for Civ4 Warlord. I started to mod Civ4 about 3 moths ago so i am not very good at modding. There are a lot of bugs and other problems. So if you find any just say about them in this thread or send me private message.

The World at War is war based mod, so there are mainly just new units in it at the moment. There many similar mods like Modern Warfare, but this mod i try to put more units for every era. At the moment there are mainly units for modern era. There are some little game play changes too, and new civilization, new leaders and a lot of little changes.

Remember, i created this for myself, i thought long time should i release this, then thinked that i dont lose anything if i release it, so i hope even somebody play it.

About updates, i got a lot of school work and at the moment i am learning 3d max, so i dont have much time to do this, mainly i have time to do this in weekends and holidays. Send me private message if you want to help. :)

CREDITS:
snafusmith, units+some other stuff
Firaxis, units
Sharick, units
Splinter13, units
asioasioasio, units+some other stuff
Chamaedrys, units
Nautil, units
ArdRaeiss, units
Rabbit, White, units
Swarog, units
Mozza, units
hrochland, units
GarretSidzaka, units
AlazkanAssassin, units
Dale, Ranged Bombardment
Chuqqinator, Leaderhead
And many other i didnt remeber to say....

I will add more detailed list if somebody wants.

Special thanks:
Commander Keen, thanks for your great help :)
GUIDE: Adding new units (sovarn)
Modern Warfare and WW2 1939, these inspired my to create this mod :)

And thanks all whos things are in my mod, like buttons or other little things.

DOWNLOAD!
The World at War 1.03, added 22.5.2007
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4617

Optional download site!
http://www.badongo.com/file/3137419
Unzip it to Civ4 warlords mod folder and it should work! ;)

FUTURE ADDITIONS:
-More units for every era
-More Civilizations
-More Leaders
-Civilopedia description for everything
-Strategy text for every unit
-Better buttons
-Unit balancing and scaling
-And much more! :)

Some screenshots

VERSION HISTORY

Version 1.03 (22.5.07)
Spoiler :

-Balacing
-Some bug fixing

Version 1.02 (11.5.07)
Spoiler :

-Balacing
-Wehrmacht added
-Paddlewheeler added
-Heavy Sowrdman added
-Pre Dreadnougth Battleship added
-Early Infantry added
-And some other little changes!

Version 1.01 (23.4.07)
Spoiler :
-Balacing
-Ocean liner added

yup somethings wrong with dl :(
I'm courius how this mod looks - and i would like to try it :)

Hmm, download worked now, but from school computer it didnt work. Very wierd, can someone recommend some good file upload site?

yup somethings wrong with dl :(
I'm courius how this mod looks - and i would like to try it :)
Dont expect too much for this, like i said i started to mod Civ4 3 moths ago.
Could you or somebody else say do to download link work now or do it work only for me (is it even possible that link works only for me? :confused:)

EDIT: I just tryed with other computer and download link works fine.

This link is working, down loading now. Thanks. :goodjob:

Nice,
By the way i am releasing version 1.01 on this weekend or next, so tell if you find any bug or other things. Version 1.01 is mainly just balancing this mod and maybe add few new units. And hopefully i can get multi domain working so Hovercraft could go in water and land.

Version 1.01 has been released!
This just balanced game and do little changes for the mod, read more for version history. Bigger patch is coming in about 3 three weeks.

Hi, GyroLeader.
I've been trying to download your mod but that freakin' megaupload sh...t keeps saying that all slots to my country are busy. Can you give me a hand?

This is a good mod, judging from the little parts I have played, but I would to comment on some things:

It should start in the Modern Age
It should have modern civics
It should have all non-relevant civs and leaders deleted, otherwise replaced
I should help you making the mod! ;)

I am interested to help, and I'll will help making civics, and the doing the minor political tweaks!

This is a good mod, judging from the little parts I have played, but I would to comment on some things:

It should start in the Modern Age
It should have modern civics
It should have all non-relevant civs and leaders deleted, otherwise replaced
I should help you making the mod! ;)

I am interested to help, and I'll will help making civics, and the doing the minor political tweaks!

Hmm, in future i am thinking to add units for ancient eras too so i dont want to do this as only modern age mod and there are already good mod for modern ages.

Yes in future and i am planning to change some civics and add/delete some leaders but at the moment balancing and scaling units is the main thing.

If you are interested to help, what other thing you could help than civics?

By the way, new version is coming in few weeks.

Techtree perhaps.

I have some suggestions for the civics; if you like em, I will make em, and send the file to you as soon as possible! ;)

Goverment:
-Universal Suffrage (May be either republican or monarchist)
-Autocracy (in order to distinct Traditional Dictatorships and absolute Monarchies from Totalitarian Police States like Stalin-era USSR and the Third Reich)
-Police State

Legal:
-Liberalism
-Militarism
-Populism (Note it denotes especially communist populism, nazi and fascist populism is represented here as Militarism)

Economy:
-Free Market
-Keynesianism
-Mercantilism
-State Property

Labour:
-Emancipation
-Mobilization (A form of collectivism, but much more army oriented)
-Collectivism

Religion:
-Secularism
-Religious Tolerance (tolerance for religions, but with state religion, in contrast to secularism)
-Theocracy
-Atheism

Those are pretty good, but at the moment i am not adding civics, now the main thing is to balancing, adding units for ancient eras and adding civilization, leader heads, better buttons and writing civilopedia.

By the way, have you got any experience about creating buttons? I need some at the moment.

Top Bottom