Watchmen Vs The Dark Knight Returns.

Which do you prefer, Watchmen or The Dark Knight Returns?

• Watchmen. Alan Moore knows the score.

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • The Dark Knight Returns. Miller is killer.

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters

Mojotronica

Expect Irony.
A popular comic book geek debate in the 80's -- and again in the mid-90's when both were commemorating their ten year anniversaries. Hopefully the subject has not been posted here before...

Which do you prefer, Watchmen or The Dark Knight Returns?

Watchmen much more fascinating for me.

EDIT: Slow starting- but the finish is amazing. I can identify well with two or three of the characters, too...

Dark Knight. I love the sequence with Superman. These are two of the best.

J

PS Alan Moore's work on Miracleman is truly outstanding. Much of that work would not have been allowed elsewhere.

Ooooh, tough call, tough call.

I'd have to go with Watchmen for sheer scope, but DK was certainly a landmark in comics publishing as well. Btw, how many DK fans were disappointed with DK II? Absolutely awful, IMHO--I couldn't even muster up the curiosity to read beyond issue #1...

Is the comic "The Dark Knight Returns" the basis for the recent movie? Or is it just they both have similar names?

Wow! Both of these have been made into movies in the past year!
The Dark Knight Returns wasn't at all like The Dark Knight (film). The movie was based on The Long Halloween mostly. Woo crossposts.

Why choose when you can have both? The latest South Park episode.

aye I thoroughly enjoyed that episode :D

for me it has to be The Watchmen. Dark Knight had 1 1/2 decent characters (as opposed to at least three in Watchmen) and I grow sick of them reinventing popular movies like Batman orSuperman every now and then. especially if they just feel like they have to do the "becoming a superhero" bit over and over again. yes, Bruce Wayne's parents were shot. I got the memo. Robin's parents died and were circus artists. rewatching Melrose Place is more fun than seeing those shticks again.

What irritated me most about The Dark Knight Returns was the artwork. But the story isn't that great either. At least, not compared to Watchmen. :D

Watchmen get the edge, mostly because the plot is much better.

also: more sex! *ducks the fan crowd throwing stones at him because they hated that bit*

watchmen also had those great sub plots that tied in with the main story. Remindes me of some poem I read lately, but can't seem to remember

aye I thoroughly enjoyed that episode :D

So, who is Mysterion!? Answer me! ANSWER ME!!

[pissed]

If those sons of crap (Trey and Matt) don't tell us soon, I'll freak out.

So, who is Mysterion!? Answer me! ANSWER ME!!

[pissed]

If those sons of crap (Trey and Matt) don't tell us soon, I'll freak out.

hint: it is either Stan or Kyle!

It could be Craig. It could be Clyde. Remember who was sleeping in class?

It can't be Kyle, he met with Mysterion. It could be Kenny.

Anyway, Cartman is a liar. There is no gaurentee he is telling the truth at the end; we cannot hedge our bets on the word of Cartman. It could be the goth kid with red hair. Hell, it could be Wendy.

Top Bottom