• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Watchmen....

A Watchmen MOVIE?!

I have to see this. One of the greatest works of art/pieces of literature...ever.

I think I read the comic. Can't remember.

Saw a trailer for the movie in imax. It was so awesome. I'm hoping the movie is like the trailer, one graphically stunning music video that makes no sense but is super cool.

I read it. Never understood what everyone was so excited about. It was pretty good, but I generally don't like Alan Moore anyway.

I read it, was floored by it the first time I read it, and have very low expectations for Zack Snyder's adaptation. And the ending was perfect as-is.

Really great, amazing book. Really looking forward to the film, looking forward to seeing the book in action.

Where might I find this [comic|graphic novel|work of art]? Any old comic store, or would I need to go to a higher end place?

Any old comic store ought to have it. Hell, lots of book stores probably have it. Mine was acquired at a university book store, which doesn't normally carry most comics.

Where might I find this [comic|graphic novel|work of art]? Any old comic store, or would I need to go to a higher end place?

Should easily find it at a major book store

I read somewhere in anticipation of increased interest because of the movie about 900k more prints were ordered and distributed.

The trailer made me read the graphic novel, which was ace (although I wasn't keen on the art). Looking forward to the movie.

I've read the comic, probably not going to see the movie, on the basis that I don't watch movies.

I saw the trailer and thought 'Wow.... gonna see this' Are there awards for trailers? Coz this should win one. Will buy the book when I get a chance, i see Zavvi are selling it for £10...

The book was awesome, got it a couple of years ago. Doubt the film'll touch it, but I'd like to take an optimistic view and hope that it will at least do it justice.

Yo have to admit the trailer looks great and the art direction is exceedingly well done. I hate Rorschach's voice, though. The line at the end of the trailer is pretty fantastic, though.

Yo have to admit the trailer looks great and the art direction is exceedingly well done. I hate Rorschach's voice, though. The line at the end of the trailer is pretty fantastic, though.
Yeah, from what I can tell, it looks pretty awesome. But what makes Watchmen great is the story and characterisation. If they can't get that right, all the visuals in the world can't save them.

I'm actually okay with Rorschach's voice. It sounds put-on, but it's supposed to be. He's not meant to be Batman, he's mean to be, in the words of Alan Moore, a "vigilante psychopath". A funny voice fits that. It's not perfect, but I think it works, more or less.
That said, two hours in it could get somewhat tiring. ;)

Top Bottom