Water Cities?

malik

Chieftain
Hello Everyone...I've got an idea....why dont we try to make cities in water like they were in "Call To Power". i know this is a very tough job. but just an idea.:rolleyes:

I don't like watercities because I have 2-4 expansion phases and the option to build watercities in ctp is to late (at this time I build no more cities, because I'm in war with to much other civs).

In civ2 I tried it one time but in the moment I want to build the city on water, so I get an message "Erstaunlicher Weise können Städte nicht auf Wasser gebaut werden" (it says that cities can't build on water). I think a border like this one in civ3 too, but I don't tested it at the moment.

In Civ II it was possible to have water cities, though you had to trick the game in to doing it. You build the city and then use an event (Change terrain) to remove the ground from under it.
At the moment CIv III does not support water cities, but perhaps in "Play the world" you will have the option.
I like the idea, I like playing on small maps and the idea of having extra city space in the sea is great. Very futuristic

I like the idea of underwater cities also--I thought that was one of the best features of CtP. And with underwater cities, you need tunnels, so maybe we could have strategic and luxury resources on the water as well. However, I doubt this will be implemented in the XP. Maybe it's something they could do for a future expansion pack.

I think the underwater cities was the best idea in CTP and CTPII
It is only matter of time before underwater mining take off and then small settlement will follow.

Another good idea from CTP and CPTII is tile improvements. I am glad CivIII is moving in that direction with the radar and airbases

Now if we can work on the real boader and city boaders!

Top Bottom