• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

We need a new wonder..

PersianImmortal

Warlord
and u guys can help name it.. and I dunno if this has been discussed before..

Something that places Aqueducts in all your cities without rivers on the same continent.. we can start after Constuction and costs the same or even more than the Pyramids.

Comments?

or "water works"

Waterworks sounds good, but you might want it to cost more than X-number of aquaducts. (like the pyramids cost about 7 granaries).

In a perfect world, I would have liked to see aqueducts represented on the map. But otherwise, Im not sure.

A better idea would be the NHS, giving hospitals in all your cities (although they'd cost loads :( )

Someone should be able to build the International Space Station. It could give a free spaceship part.

Then the ISS wouldn't be a wonder since it's International... maybe a small wonder, but I don't see what it would do.

Free aqueducts probably won't work, because you aren't allowed to destroy or sell Aqueducts. So, even if someone captured your wonder, you would still keep all your aqueducts, and they would still be free of maintenence since you never built them. The alternative woud be your size 24 cities that already have hospitals suddenly shoot to population size 6.

Maybe as a wonder: Disneyland! It's certainly a famous American attraction, brings in millions of visitors each year, and a travel location for famous leaders, celebrities, and athletes. Maybe increase trade in each tile in city by 2, and also make one happy face on every city?

Don't think we need another ancient era wonder. Remember at the higher difficulty levels you are getting this wonder but your AI competition is.

When is the last time you got Pyramids on Emperor level?

-- PF

i just got the pyramids on emporer yesterday.
disneyland as a modern wonderwould be good. planetfall would be plsed. you should get it after robotics.

Maybe a News Media. 3 culture for the city that builds it, and maybe a small cultural building in each city that gives 1 culture, and/or 1 happiness.

Modified Wonders:

Manhattan Project: Civ that builds it gets 2 free techs. Also everyone can now build nukes. More incentive to build it now.

The Internet: instead of giving every city a Research Lab, make it so it has the function of the Great Library--gain techs discovered by other civs.

TV! it shold be a small wonder that adds 2 happy peoples or content people.

Aquaducts cost a lot to build and block the growth of your empire.. given a choice I'd rather shoot for a wonder that gives me aquaducts in all cities than granaries.

so would i. graneries in early times a often bad. your city becomes overpopulated unless you buls settlers conantly. if you want to build a improvement, your citysize shots up out of control.

I like your idea for the Internet, SimOne. Sounds pretty realistic, considering the greatest contribution of the internet has been the dissemination of information. That also gets rid of the pesky problem of a new city having 2 culture/turn automatically, which is a bit unrealistic.
You idea for Manhattan project is neat, but evil. Plus, getting two free modern techs (considering how few there are) is really a lot. Maybe only one?

Perhaps Disneyland/Hollywood can count as a free colloseum in each city?

How about for an ancient wonder: Stonehenge? Not sure what it could do - perhaps a free temple in each continental city? Seems a bit too powerful. Any ideas?

I think that we don't. Disneyland? Are you insane or on dope?
Only Brazilians go there... unfortunately...

Originally posted by cromagnon
I like your idea for the Internet, SimOne. Sounds pretty realistic, considering the greatest contribution of the internet has been the dissemination of information. That also gets rid of the pesky problem of a new city having 2 culture/turn automatically, which is a bit unrealistic.
You idea for Manhattan project is neat, but evil. Plus, getting two free modern techs (considering how few there are) is really a lot. Maybe only one?

The wonder features that I was talking about can be easily modified with the editor. For example, Manhattan can get two free techs if I just check off the "Gain Two Free Techs" option in the wonder editing section. So there is no way I can actually make it gain only one free tech.

Top Bottom