Welcome New Members

Hello, friends!
I am from Moscow, Russia. I'm mainly a Colonization addict. I've been playing this game for several years now. I do esteem other Sid's games, too, e.g. Civilization I, Pirates! and other works from good old Microprose days. In fact, I like most turn-based strategies. Sid's games seem much more intellectual than some others.

Hi to all Civ 4 Fans from NZ (the sunny green place at the bottom of the world) I found this site to solve some problems and have learned alot. so thanks to the old hands. I have been able to fix some of my friends problems as well, there is nothing better than a happy Civ 4 player or worse when you lose your CD/DVD player

Hi All.
I've been playing Civ III for a while and just got Civ IV and I need some help
I have installed Civ IV and all went well during the install. But when I click Play nothing happens, nada!
I've looked through the FAQ but haven't seen a problem like this. Any suggetions?
Thnx
Rick57

Hello humans, today on the very last day of 2007, I found this wonderful site and liked to my taste (not that I am big eater - lol). I am from down under - Brisbane and wish you all a very happy new year !!

Cheers to your health.
:king:

:crazyeye: Have you updated your CD/DVD player "Firmware" a must for safedisk 4 games, go to manufacturers site, choose model and download file. Then you need the DirectX9c SDK update from microsoft :( for the nice new graphics. then go get the latest patch that fixes all your other issues 1.84 I think. Dont forget to update your video card drivers. A great game when it is runnig, but the graphics are a push for older computersQUOTE=Rick57;6309041]Hi All.
I've been playing Civ III for a while and just got Civ IV and I need some help
I have installed Civ IV and all went well during the install. But when I click Play nothing happens, nada!
I've looked through the FAQ but haven't seen a problem like this. Any suggetions?
Thnx
Rick57[/QUOTE]

Hi, all. I came here searching for some new strategies for II - I'd returned from a long hiatus and then my brother bought me the Civ Complete pack with I-IV plus the card game and Sid DVD for Christmas last year. I was getting really frustrated over hitting retirement about the time I built the SETI program, no time to even make the space race an option.

Thanks to the War Academy, I am now beating the pants off of everybody in both science and military, and my next move is to see how early I can end the game by killing everybody else.

In RL, I'm a 32-yo mom of one feisty little 2-yo. My hubby's in sales, I own my own printing company. Love all sorts of games, especially Scrabble and Taboo. I like Hitman and Dr. Mario and Rayman for console games.

Glad to be here, and the forums also helped with the video card issues I encountered whilst trying to install C-IV. Man, was that icky.

Happy New Year, everybody!

Hello. I'm a late-comer to Civilization, and I've found the forums interesting and helpful, so I hope people are still active.

Hi, I am Martin, age49, from New Zealand. I've been playing CivII for 3 years.
My Civ4 crashed today :cry: - probably because I only have 192megs of Ram. Not to worry, things are usually OK, and it trundles along slowly without too many problems.:)

Actually, I have just successfully begun my new 'Worldbuilder' created scenario, without too much hassle (except that my computer crashed). So I'm learnin' away on my new christmas present (Civ4) and have the expansion packs but haven't installed them yet (better check to see how much hard drive I have).

So I thought, under the circumstances, it might be good to hang out at this Civ geek forum for a bit of pow wow.

Oh yea..."Happy New Year".:crazyeye:

Hi, I am Martin, age49, from New Zealand. I've been playing CivII for 3 years.
My Civ4 crashed today :cry: - probably because I only have 192megs of Ram. Not to worry, things are usually OK, and it trundles along slowly without too many problems.:)

Actually, I have just successfully begun my new 'Worldbuilder' created scenario, without too much hassle (except that my computer crashed). So I'm learnin' away on my new christmas present (Civ4) and have the expansion packs but haven't installed them yet (better check to see how much hard drive I have).

So I thought, under the circumstances, it might be good to hang out at this Civ geek forum for a bit of pow wow.

Oh yea..."Happy New Year".:crazyeye:
Welcome to the forums!! [party] :band: :dance: :cheers: :woohoo: :rockon: :beer: :banana: :bounce: :wavey:
A little advice: don't bother installing Warlords. Return it if you can. Everything that is in Warlords is also in Beyond the Sword, except for the scenarios and Mods, which aren't very good.
And, yeah, the RAM may be a problem. Just make sure autosave is on (should say autosave at the top or topleft every 4 turns or so.)

I have been a board wargamer since 1971 and a PC wargamer since 1996. At the moment I have Civ II Gold and Civ III Complete on my hard drives. My deceased dad was a World War II veteran. I think I'll leave it at that for now since I don't want to make this too long.

Just dropping in to say hello to all the fanatics! i am new to civ but am totally hooked!! i have been playing for about a year and have won at lower levels but i have no idea how! i am stuck on noble difficulty now. :mad: seem to be having issues getting through the mid games. but that is the beauty of the game...no 2 are ever the same!

LOVE THIS GAME!!!

Well, I'm not only new to this forum, but I'm also new to Civ. I got Civ IV for Christmas, as well as the Warlords and Beyond the Sword expansions. I've got the basic concepts down, and looked at the forum and the instruction book for advice, so I hope to learn things quickly. Should I play games on higher or lower difficulties, so that I get a feel for everything?

Hello guys I am new to these forums. I have played every Civ game that has been introduced and I love the series. I just purchased PtS and look forward to playing it. However I am getting an error that says, "Caught unhandled exception creating XML parser object Current XML file is:"

I have no idea what this means and it is extremely frustrating. Can anyone direct me where on these boards is there a troubleshooting thread?

Also Happy New Year!

Top Bottom