Welcome New Members

Hello and Thanks...
OG Civ player here. I hadn't played a Civ game since what I feel was it's shining Era in Civ 3 and TOT. Enjoyed that series so much, my roomate said it was my new romantic partner. Fast forward to today and I have picked up Civ 6 on ps4 and my oh my, it's a bit different. I enjoyed the new mechanics and was happily clearing on Emp, but Diety is a clear I hadn't ever tried... I wanted that clear. I'm best at Germany (Barbossa) and had a cool work ethics strategy that was seriously OP, but that stuff don't fly in Diety. I read so many tips here. So many. I learned to skip religion and don't build scouts. Place districts correctly... lots of good stuff. Thanks to all those that post tips, I got that clear (science victory). The AI cheats and the game is stacked against you, what a feel to finally clear.... turn 331.
cheers

Turn 331 SV in deity is pretty good! Deity demands a lot of focus on a single strategy, nowadays I prefer a more relaxed playing session, so I play at emperor level most of the games.

I did one more diety clear with Peter. I learned about the power of the preserve. Peter was a fun playthrough. I too have settled on Emp for better times. Thats a solid setting for me.
cheers

We are getting quite an influx of new members to the site, presumably because the release-date for Civ-IV is getting nearer & nearer, and people are coming here in search of news & info.

As such, we thought that its probably a good idea to have an "Introduction / Welcome to CivFanatics thread" where people can say hello and tell us a bit about themselves.

For new members, please use this thread to tell us a little about yourself, your civ-addictions etc etc.

@regulars, please make people feel welcome, but try not to drown the thread - ensure that we keep a reasonably high ratio of wheat-to-chaff. ;)

BTW - out of interest, I joined Civfanatics a couple of months before the release of Civ3 - the interesting thing is that I had just rediscovered Civ-II, and was looking for some strategies for it - I was completely oblivious to the fact that there was a Civ3 in production, and it wasn't until I came here that I found out about it! Anyone else like that for C-IV?
Thanks, Im from Brasil and loving the game. Usually I play souls like games, but I enjoyng this new genre. I am a little anxious so i having some trouble on the higher dificulties.

Very nice forum btw

Hi all - old(ish) man here - played Colonisation and early civs - loved civ 4 but lost my way with civ 5 - recently bought the whole civ 6 pack. love the complexity but it is so difficult, I have persevered and gone back to level 2 to get my first win with Peter (Religious) Since then I have won on level 3 4 and 5 with Liz (Culture - aiming for Science) Alexander (Dominaton) and Eleanor (Science aiming for culture lol). Think I had a win with Seondok
Now trying to get domination with Nubia on level 6 (2 failed attempts so far) I Think the 3rd failure is soon to happen.
Not too obsessed with getting all the way up the levels but would like to. Joined here though because I think I am going to need to work, plan and stategise harder to get through level 6 (Emporer?) and beyond

I know I'm not a new member, but I just want to leave a "Hi, I'm back" here!

I just finished my master's degree in history. I am still planning on getting a PhD in history for next year, but for this gap year, I'm currently looking for jobs around my family's place. While I don't have school, I might play each iteration of Civ as preparation for Civ7, whenever that might be, and post my experiences in threads for each corresponding subsection of the forums. A retrospective, one might say. I have all the Civ games on my computer except for Civ1. I couldn't get the MSDOS to work properly.

I know I'm not a new member, but I just want to leave a "Hi, I'm back" here!

I just finished my master's degree in history. I am still planning on getting a PhD in history for next year, but for this gap year, I'm currently looking for jobs around my family's place. While I don't have school, I might play each iteration of Civ as preparation for Civ7, whenever that might be, and post my experiences in threads for each corresponding subsection of the forums. A retrospective, one might say. I have all the Civ games on my computer except for Civ1. I couldn't get the MSDOS to work properly.
Good to see you back, and congratulations on your MA!

Top Bottom