Welcome New Members

Hi everyone!

Lifelong CIV fanatic here, cant believe i've only just found this site! :eek:

I have been playing CIV since my bro bought my the original DOS version and have played every CIV game there is. I cant believe i've been playing BTS for the last couple of years without having any mods!

Now downloading the Fall From Heaven mod, a few graphics ones and a couple of units ones. Cant wait to get cracking!

Catch you on the forums chaps! ;)

Hello, I have only been playing CivIV for a few days and I think I am hooked. I have played WOW for over 4 years and got really tired of the same old thing over and over. I have been reading thru the site tonight and I am impressed. I am sure I will have a very good experience here!!

Hey everybody -

Long time mid-level player and long time lookey-loo to this site. Finally joined so I can participate in the forum discussions.

Hello :)
I stumbled upon this place when googling for "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri all 14 factions" hoping to find any information if there was a possibility to play with more than just 7 factions in the game. Sure enough I found a thread that is giving me some hope for the future right away.
I've been playing Civilization, and Civilization III too (but was a little disappointed with what I consider to be relatively limited diplomatic possibilities in the later).

Hello all, Civ 4 Complete Edition dropped through my letterbox today, so I'm still getting to grips with it. One of the things I definitely want to do is slow down the time a bit! One minute you're in 3000BC, the next it's 1000BC!

You can change the game speed to be slower when you start up a new game in the "Single Player" -> "Custom Game" menu. Just select "Marathon" or "Epic" instead of normal. Epic takes 1.5 times as long to get from point A to point B; Marathon takes 3 times as long!

Welcome to CFC, by the way! :D

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I would like to start by introducing myself and thanking everybody for welcoming me. I joined to share a troubleshooting solution, as i was unable to find it previously posted. I just wanted to introduce myself first.
:lol:

My login name is different from what I use for HOF, since I had started submitting games before joining the forum for different reasons. Should I make a second forum account for HOF purposes?

Welcome everyone :)

My login name is different from what I use for HOF, since I had started submitting games before joining the forum for different reasons. Should I make a second forum account for HOF purposes?

Dual accounts are not allowed here - contact the HOF staff to see if they can adjust your account name in their database.

I have no idea if I am doing this right, have never posted in a forum or whatever, just saying hi, I joined and am a Civ fan though I have only ever played Civ II Multiplayer where I used to challenge a buddy of mine but when you get a fair ways into it it would get so slow he always wanted to quit lol.

I have no idea if I am doing this right, have never posted in a forum or whatever.
Well, the post showed up, its in the correct thread, so it looks like you're doing it right! :D This was the first forum I ever signed-up to as well; I think its pretty intuitive. Welcome to CFC!

Hello all.

I'm trying to make mod.
I want to make new promotions like FfH.

Welcome. FFH is a great mod - good luck with your modding. The mod community are pretty good here, and I'm sure they can help with any questions you may have.

Hello all.

I'm trying to make mod.
I want to make new promotions like FfH.
You might want to try asking some people in the Fall from Heaven subforum if you want to know about how to mod different things like promotions. Many of them have a great deal of knowledge about modding that they are happy to share with anyone who's interested. :)

Hello! This is my first time posting on the forums. I have been lurking for... 9 months?!? Well, anyways, I understand this place and it's culture more than 95% of the newbies here.

Hey All,
First time post. Been experimenting with SE and still not doing too well even after reading all lot of the stuff on this site. Do you FEWER workers or create none? Seem I lag behind other cultures evn late in the game. Are we typically at war all the timee> Any tips would be appreciated. Swetybear(at)yahoodotcom

Just a note, you shouldn't post an email address directly to the forum - it's just asking for spam. At least obscure it by using spaces or brackets if you want to semi-protect yourself. :)

Anyway - you should always have a reasonable number of Workers (at least 1-2 per city as a rough guide). If you're building very few or no Workers, that might be the cause of your problem. ;)

I suggest you try starting a new topic here and uploading a few save files from one of your games - perhaps at 1000 BC, 1 AD and 1000 AD. That way other people will be able to look at your game and tell you specifically what you need to do to improve. :)

Welcome to CFC, by the way! :D

Top Bottom