Welcome New Members

Hey there, I've been lurking here for a month or two. Got hold of Civ V since Dec '11 but my old graphic card couldn't run it.

Spent about 100 hours playing G&K so far. Great fun, although I only play Prince. Hate cheating AIs!

Heyo - I've apparently been seduced into the land of Civ now - either that or I've been hallucinating haloed, glowing men with axes, shovels and the occasional banana for the last three weeks. And since I don't seem to have taken any drugs, I'm going to guess that the time has been lost to Civ IV.

Welcome all! Happy civing!

In the shadows I have been lurking
Like a fish on land I have been holding my breath
Watching, waiting for the right time to appear.

Since time immemorial I have been here
Feeding on fledging thoughts and incomprehensive minds alike
Amongst friends, yet alone I have been

Now I have emerged only to regret that I hid
It's time for me to take part in this familiar, yet alien place
To shape and sculpture the realm in which I have been residing all along

I am awake.

Well, yea. Basicly I decided to stop the lurking and contribute to this great community.
I'm 22 years old and live in Denmark. Nice to meet you all!

In the shadows I have been lurking
Like a fish on land I have been holding my breath
Watching, waiting for the right time to appear.

Since time immemorial I have been here
Feeding on fledging thoughts and incomprehensive minds alike
Amongst friends, yet alone I have been

Now I have emerged only to regret that I hid
It's time for me to take part in this familiar, yet alien place
To shape and sculpture the realm in which I have been residing all along

I am awake.

Well, yea. Basicly I decided to stop the lurking and contribute to this great community.
I'm 22 years old and live in Denmark. Nice to meet you all!

That's a way to make it a little dramatic. :lol:

Anyway, welcome.

Getting this error code. Was playing the game yesterday and shut it down as normal, but when tried to get it going again I got this garbage:
Error Code: -5004 : 0x80041f42
Error Information:
*C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\12\00\Intel32\iKernel.dll
>inc\CoCreate.cpp (44)
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1390)
PAPP:Sid Meier's Civilization 4
PVENDOR:Firaxis Games (##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##)
PGUID:CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8
$11.0.0.28844
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) BT_OTHER 8.0

Please help...

Greetings, fellow civilization fans :)
I am Billy Gosal, though, also known as Dr. Salvador in general gaming world.
Here's a quick introduction of mine:
Favorite Leader/Civilization : Justinian I of Byzantine Empire
Favorite Civic: Police State, Nationhood, Caste System, State Property, Theocracy
Favorite Gaming Style: Warmonger

Origin: Indonesia

It's pleasure to join you all guys :)

In hoc signo vinces

Hello fellow civ players!

Vaguely remembered playing Civ 3 but I didnt like it.
Purchased Civ V when it was on Steam Discount just for the heck of it and i fell in love with it. Brought G & K the day it came out:)

I am also a Total War Player so i guess historical-themed games are a magnet for me.

I am from Singapore and am proud that my nation is a city-state in this game! Hooray:)

Hi, I am Ong Hon Yew, 70 year-old male, never too old to learn new tricks (yes, I would love to learn more on human civilizations world-wide), never refuse an offer of friendship. Married, with 3 adult daughters only. Hope to hear from you.

Hello fellow civ players!

Purchased Civ V when it was on Steam Discount just for the heck of it and i fell in love with it. Brought G & K the day it came out:)

I am also a Total War Player so i guess historical-themed games are a magnet for me.

Similar for me, but I just bought 5 & G & K on GamersGate at a heavy discount ;)

Tried it & am really grabbed by it, despite the anachronisms. :rolleyes:

Balla. :cool:

Hello folks! I've been a looong time player of the Civ franchise, and discovered this forum while trying to find out what was seemingly wrong with my recent purchase of Civ 5. I've been browsing for about a week; and all I can say is "Wow!". It seems I didn't know squat about this game. I hope we can fix that...

I had no idea so many of us loved this franchise. I'm thrilled.

Just thought I'd say hey. Looks like a very good place. I don't play Civ5 because my computer would self destruct. But I play Civ4, just, and I was reall wondering if there were any Final Fantasy IX mods for the game. I was thinking of making one if there wasn't. Also I can't find out how to make new world wonders. Could you help?

Hello everyone. I have been here a while in the IOT forums, but I guess I should say hi now.

i am civ fan for many years. I played a lot ffh2 and i did a szenario which i want to share with others because i think its fine.
Its called "Game of Thrones" and you will know what´s it about.... (-,
I tiried to put it online but i think it didn´t work properly.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=20911
Maybe someone can help me, because i am sure other players would like it too.

Top Bottom