Welcome New Members

Hi everybody!

I've been playing civ since the civ II playstation version of it which has no mention in this forum of what I have been able to see :'(

well...since then tons of my hours were invested in civs and I don't regret!

About the evolution of civ the perfect one is yet to come but this 5th is extraordinary! the hexes, the 1UPT, the graphics...

But I have one major critic to make: since civ 3 the tech tree is getting more and more nonsense! I hope this might be adressed in the future. A comeback to the civ 2 tech tree would be a wise move.

Good job making this forum. Hope you continue on track!

I've been lurking for a long time, excited to be involved with HOF and GOTMs once the mods are set up!

A big hello to everyone here. Relative newcomer to the game. First start playing it through Civ Rev, which Is fantastic, then on to Civ IV.

Will get Civ V eventually.

Just wanna say that some of the strategies on these forums really helped me with the game and after not really taking to the games 1st time round, these forum strats have re-ignited my passion for the Civilization series.

Hello everyone.. Just joined up. I started playing Civ 4 about 1 year ago. I finally beat Civ 4 BTS twice with the Indians after dozens of attempts on Noble level (I know that's weak)..

The challenge of Civ is addicting and I'm sure I'll be back for more. This is a great site for strategy tips, etc. I suggest trying out some of the more creative mods for Civ 4 and Civ 5. Some of the more active mods members are really talented and bring the games to an entire new level.

Anyway.. welcome to all!

Hello Everyone,

I have just joined CivFanatics, and am a 26 year old male. I played Civ2 when I was in high school, and found it too difficult back then. I had also tried Alpha Centauri back then. For the past year I have rediscovered games, and especially Civ4 and Civ4 - Colonization. Now, I am understanding and enjoying these games much more, and so have joined CivFanatics to learn from other good players, share my thoughts, and generally enjoy the community of Civ lovers like me!

Picked up a copy of Civ3 out of the bargain bucket at the local games shop and have to say I am hooked. I’ve played a couple of mini games to begin with which I quickly realized I was making wrong turns.

Hello, good folks of Civilization. May your victories be many, but not at my expense. I never thought I'd go back to playing turn based games again. Actually, I'm finding it relaxing and maddening, and throughly engrossing. It's good to be here. :goodjob:

Hello guys.

Been browsing this forum for a few years and now finally decided 2 register & get a bit more involved. Great forum, just wanna say thanks 2 all the people who are running it and also 2 all the people who are helping out.

Hi everyone.

I've been playing Civilization 2,3,4 and now 5. I used to have a username on this forum but forgot it, since i didn't log in for a long time.

Hope this is the right spot for this post. I'm 52, disabled, and took up video gaming as my hobby close to 20 yrs ago, but bought my first video game many years further back, called Pong, lol on a huge consul lol. I have many favorite games, SFC 1,2 &3, Total War serries, H&D Serries, COD serries, MOH serries, AOE's, Spore, Sims, WOW, LOTRO, DDO, WWIIOL, etc, etc, etc. Before i got disabled i played alot of board games mostly war, strategy and tactics types, from Avalon Hill mostly, :). Yes am almost as old as dirt, lol. I'm the kind of guy who would rather lose a good game, then win by cheating or any other unfair advantages. Nice to meet all of u. Good hunting and kill well.

Hello all, I am 68 and just got into this to see if I can get some info on grey matter in civ5 , to the point where it locks up everything and I have to reset.
I am an Electrician with not a lot of computer ability , but lucky to have a IT guy next door.
Good luck to all and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Hi guys!
I'm a huge fan of Civ since the very best first edition :) (bought it together with my first Amiga 1200 ages ago... ah, those memories).

Long LOOONG time lurker in the CFC forums. I got into civ because of civ3 but I love civ 4 BTS :crazyeye:

I guess I was one of those casual gamers they were trying to woo with Civ3, it worked (/ducks from things being thrown at him)

I'm hoping by the time civ5 gets the BTS treatment, I'll have a computer able to play the game :lol:

Hello there. Im thesmiley, and your website told me to post something here. I started playing civ3 when i was a little kid (was rocking cheiftan when i was 10 ;P). Took a fairly long hiatus, after getting confused and frustrated at such topics as why the great libary didn't put a libary into all of my cities and why the AI always decided to gang up on me. Anyways, i got ciV as a christmas gift, cried at how bad it was, and started playing civ3 again. Since then ive gotten significantly better(i wrecked my last regent game, feeling my way around monarch), so i made an account so i could get some advice on my game, add to the conversation, and not feel like the only person in the universe sitting at a computer playing civ nonstop.
Cheers!

Hi, I have been a Civ fan since the first Civ. I have been a fan of all the Civs including Civ V. I am a bit disappointed with the amount of bugs in the CIV V release and it does seem a lesser game in many ways. It seems like a first edition game not a Fifth edition game. I have never felt the need to play MODs or join any groups as the other games were always enough for me but Civ V isn't and I have turned to MODs and "boosts" to the gameplay sadly. I hope I find that here.

Hello! I am new here as well. I've been playing Civ since the first edition, starting at age 9 or 10. I only had a couple of games in CivNet and Civ2 (which didn't appeal to me as much, too *new* and to sterile looking), Call to Power passed me completely, never touched it to this day, and then I rejoined with Civ3 and I'd say I've spent more time playing Civilization than any other game (although for the years 2009/2010 EU3 might come close). I also played Civ4, Colonization (the old one, I like it better somehow) and CiV (which let me down).

Hello. I'm John. I'm new to Civ. Civ5 is my first game. My brother talked about civ for the past 10 years, so I finally tried it...

So far so good. Got a question to post in the general discussion. Please follow me there and answer it.

Top Bottom