Welcome New Members

SOLVED!!!

I uninstalled Warlords unchecking the 'uninstall downloaded patches' check box, reinstalled and then ran the patch again and all seems to be working fine.

I think im well enough to go back to work tomorrow so ive missed out on a couple days of hardcore civing but i guess health is the most important thing...

New introduction post! One more moth drawn to the site by the Civ V flame. Messed around with Civ IV a number of times a year or two ago, but was never fully drawn into things for extended periods of time...but absolutely loved reading the various logs and adventures the CivFanatics players would write about.

Anyway, I've finally broken down and got an account so I can join in on the Civ V madness! See you all on the forums...

Long time lurker, first time poster (just so I can get rid of that damned annoying 'you haven't made a post yet' message). :lol:

Hi everyone,

I have come to this site trying to start from the beginning. I want to play Civ 1 and work my way all the to Civ IV.

just stumbled on to this website and thought i would get registered and post a message to
say hello. will get back at a later time
thanks
mabl32

hi everybody. I already kinda did an intro although i didn't notice this thread so i'll do a proper one. I'm pretty new to civ and only started playing civ4 a couple of months ago but i'm hooked already. It was one of TMIT's let's play videos on youtube that got me interested and so i bought Civ4 complete. 50p Aswell! so it was a right bargain especially seeing as how i've got over 100 hours out of it already.
I've read some strategy guides on here which have really improved my play aswell, and i would definitely recommend TMIT's youtube videos to any other new players.

Heya.

Found out about civfanatics by way of reddit.com/r/civ. I've been playing civ since I was a wee-one. I remember renting civ for the SNES repeatedly, before I found a copy of it for the PC. Since then I've played with all the civ's in between.

About two weeks ago I came to the realization that I really, really suck at civ4. I never really paid much attention to the nuances of the game and played on the low skill levels. You could say that more than "playing" civ since my childhood, is that I've "dabbled" in it. I've been working my way up since then and I seem to have beached myself on the Prince skill level. My fast-tech-rifle-conquest plan seems to falter severely at this skill level. I actually think it's an issue of being too conservative in deciding when to declare war - insisting on more tech and buildup before declaring.

Other than that there's not much to say. I work shift work, every two months I get to play civ4 all night for a couple weeks. There's nothing better than makin' paypa researching paper right?

I pre-ordered Civ5 but I'm honestly not too sure if it's going to replace civ4 for me.

I am definitely not new to civ, but new to civ 5!!

Anxiously awaiting what is coming.

Long time CIV player, first time member. 40 years old, served from 1988 to 1993 Army Special Forces 18E. Love the game and look forward to CIV 5.

You know how you can change skins of the units in the editor? And how people put units that they made on here so you can use them? So how do you get them into the game without destroying some vital component to my computer. PLEASE help. (and try and make it short and simple, because I hate long tutorials) Please help!
:please::please:

(the editor is for Civ 3)
sorry to tell you, there isn't a unit editor. You should check the creation and customization forum and browse for good tutorials if your interested in making unit art, though. As forgetting them into the game, its only a matter of some simple coding. Unless you mean Civ 3, in which case it will be more difficult and I have no experience with Civ 3 modding whatsoever.

Hi,

I've been lurking on this forum for awhile, I thought I'd try to contribute something myself. :)

sorry to tell you, there isn't a unit editor. You should check the creation and customization forum and browse for good tutorials if your interested in making unit art, though. As forgetting them into the game, its only a matter of some simple coding. Unless you mean Civ 3, in which case it will be more difficult and I have no experience with Civ 3 modding whatsoever.

I was talking about Civ 3 and I did find a tutorial, so nvermind about that.

I'm a long-time Civ player, always just single-player or with close friends. I started reading too many forums in the run-up to Civ V, which I am greatly looking forward to.

Just joined Civ Fanatics. Never played Civ I or Civ II. Kinda liked Alpha Centauri and Civ III. Absolutely loved (and obsessed over) Civ IV though. Civ V isn't even out yet, but the obsession has already begun.

Hey, I'm Steve, 42 years old. I'm a Nuclear Medicine Tech in Kentucky. I just bought the CIV4 game on steam. Never played any civ game before. I kinda suck at RTS games but love to learn and all that.

I have absolutely NO CLUE on how to play the game. I mean, I understand there are like 7 ways to be victorius but I have no clue on strategy for this game. I kinda suck at all my other RTS games too, lol.

I play Company of Heroes, World in Conflict, Red Alert 3, and now I own Civ4.

If any other noobs or people who don't mind playing with and helping out noobs get to know the game please hit me up with a private message and let's play a game or 3 !

Thanks in advance ;)

Top Bottom