Welcome to the Diplomacy II Sub-Forum!

Hey dude, nice to see you again :beer:
You will love me, because I still have the latest version of everything you sent me, on my old computer: The 5th version of the modpack itself, a patch for it, and the civ pack.
Diplomacy_II_playtest_5.rar (~600 megabytes), Diplomacy_II_playtest_5_patch.rar (~2 megabytes), Diplomacy_II_ModulePack1.rar (~65 megabytes)

Okay, KEEP it. I am getting a new computer that can handle it. Then I'm getting to work, this is especially awful because there was so much I did in the interim that I don't even want to describe it. I created A LOT of units, a few religion cutscenes. I made a bunch of new and improved leaderheads (Theodora, David, Solomon, Ben Gurion etc.) I even added and tweaked some of the civs. I was going to do a big surprise unveiling too. The only reason I didn't continue posting updates on what I was doing was because I wasn't doing regular modding, there would be months of pumping things out and months where I was too busy to mod and I didn't want to give myself the pressure of posting what I was doing online.

I am extremely happy to hear that you have something. I promise once I get a nice gaming computer put together for this (rather than my laptop, which isn't really cut out for this kinda stuff) I am going to make sure I have everything uploaded as soon as I create it. I know this thing has been going on for years, and I promise I'll approach it differently this time to prevent what has been happening from ever happening again.

AR; I can't remember what I had finished at that point. Could you possibly post screen shots of the Egyptian archer and Teotl Missionary?

I can't believe this is finally looking like it's going somewhere for the first time in five years! All aboard the Dip II hype train once again!

I can't believe this is finally looking like it's going somewhere for the first time in five years! All aboard the Dip II hype train once again!

HAHA I know right. To be honest I had a really good version of it that I probably could have released. But you know me... :rolleyes:

...gotta have the most up-to-date crap available.

Yeah, I know.

Anyway, if you've got it AR post it up. I'm ready to finish her up, or at least get her 80% done.

I know it is a pain in the ass to upload, I have done it four times so I understand if it takes a while.

To put things in perspective, the last time you released a playtest was back in late 2010/2011, so roughly five or six years ago, which is close to half of your and Ekmek's CFC lifespans! I feel so young in comparison, still, since that's over half of my CFC lifespan!

While that is true, I have sent the mod I had on my computer to a few people in 2013 IIRC.

Still, two years ago.

EDIT: And five years ago is more like a third of the lifespan, I signed up in 2001 and before that was on Apolyton for a few years.

Revenge is all I live for :p

Did you manage to get the file?
Just checked it, the normal dl still works (so you don't even have to deal with sync or cloud or anything, simply choose the download with browser function)

Not yet, because I am putting together a new computer for this and I haven't got around to getting it set up in my house yet. Give me a day or two from here and I'll have it ready and take a look. Thanks so much for doing this. :goodjob:

EDIT: What civs are in the module pack?

Not yet, because I am putting together a new computer for this and I haven't got around to getting it set up in my house yet. Give me a day or two from here and I'll have it ready and take a look. Thanks so much for doing this. :goodjob:

You are welcome, and sry for the delay.
Btw, you should definitely check History Rewritten by Xyth.
It has lots of art you planned to use, and quite a few concepts are the same, or very similar to what you envisioned in Diplo II. For example the inqusition system, the same 18 religions with religion-specific missionary names and unique graphics, etc.

EDIT: What civs are in the module pack?

Hungary, Huns, Nubia, Phoenicia, Teutons, Timurids

Interesting. I should be ready to take a look by Sunday. Thanks for doing this, and sorry for the delay. I was busy during the holidays. :rolleyes:

>Sorry for the delay

At this point, I doubt there's much need to apologize :p

Downloading now, I have to install Civ IV also then I gotta download Blender, GIMP, NifSkope etc.

Plus all the relevant files I need to start modding this bad boy. I am pretty excited for this though, I've really missed modding. I gotta shake off a lot of rust but I already have a bunch of ideas and plan on creating the leaderheads I had in the works (Arpad, Lorenzo d'Medici, Shah Abbas etc.) I am pretty stoked, hopefully I come back to it quickly. :goodjob:

Downloading now, I have to install Civ IV also then I gotta download Blender, GIMP, NifSkope etc.

Plus all the relevant files I need to start modding this bad boy. I am pretty excited for this though, I've really missed modding. I gotta shake off a lot of rust but I already have a bunch of ideas and plan on creating the leaderheads I had in the works (Arpad, Lorenzo d'Medici, Shah Abbas etc.) I am pretty stoked, hopefully I come back to it quickly. :goodjob:

Sounds great!
I'm really waiting for those promised LHs too, especially Arpad :)

Well, color me even more excited! It's like watching a patient come out of a coma after several years!

LOL. True.

Everything is downloaded, finally got out of the terrible snow-storm we had here in the north-eastern United States. Hoping to get to work soon. I'll keep you updated as soon as I start. I just have to get acclimated to where I was and shake off some rust.

Top Bottom