Welcome to the MP sub-forum

Even with hotseat games?

Oops! Sorry, nevermind what I said, I figured it out. :) You can't change civs when playing SP in RFC MP can you?

Oh, OK, Thanks Rhye! ...but... when you quit and you're playing alone, doesn't the game end automatically? Or am I talking about the wrong game mode. Do you just save it and load it again and you can choose again? *is slightly confused, however, will try anyways*

EDIT: Wait, wait, OK, I tried it. I see what you mean. You can switch to other civs, but not to Babylon, Egypt, Greece, India or China in 800BC. Which is what I was ultimately aiming for, as Babylon is pretty much my favourite, and I can rarely manage to get a truly historical Babylon... Unless, perhaps, I'm wrong! Perhaps there is a way (to play as Babylon in 800BC0?

By the way I just want to mention your version of CIV is about 5,000 times better than the original. Seriously. 5,000. I just can't manage to go back to the original. It's too hard.

Where can I find people who want to play now? Is there a specific forum for that? Anybody here use Steam?

Looked all over for an answer to this and can't find it. My wife and I are trying to play an internet game, and everything's working except the guest can't detect the host's game. We can both load the mod, the game even starts correctly (with one player)-- but the internet lobby is just empty. Any help would be great.

Hi, I know its a bit old thread BUT.
ME and my 2 friends are desperately try to play RFC MP (coz the mod simply ROCKS and thx 4 it) by internet or by direct IP using hamachi.
OOS makes it unplayable. Via internet with 2 players we play normally, when the 3rd comes in we get OOS's. Via hamachi, though the game seems like running a lot faster, no lag etc we get OOS even with 2.

Is that the way things are and we accept the fact and move on, or is there a fix or something?

gotta subscribe to this thread. (perhaps will report bugs in other threads as I find em, but well ... seems the ship is sailed?)

Still, as I introduce people to this mod it will be best if I have it stored into my account.

So hey, what unzip program is everyone using to get this mod successfully? I've tried both 7-zip and Winrar and neither seemed to work. When using 7-zip, the mod loading screen pop up will crash before even popping up, and with Winrar, I was able to get to the main menu, but after that, it would load the default background/default music, and none of the scenarios would actually load. Anyone able to help with this?

So, I tried it again, but this time it won't even load the multiplayer mod now. When I go to load it, the application will minimize for a few moments, never getting to the loading popup, and then the program will just crash. Anyone know what's wrong?

This kind of things usually happens when you unzip the mod in "C:\users\...\documents\my games\..." instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sid Meier's... etc.".

That's the thing though: I did unzip it into the correct file path, which consisted of the Program Files (x86) portion. Is it maybe because I have the Complete Edition of the game, which has a different kind of file path compared to just have BTS?

Okay, I solved the issue regarding this mod, as this issue may plague other mods, I will include the solution here:

The Complete Edition of Civilization IV is essentially broken. After trying multiple different avenues to figure out why this mod wasn't working, I went on ahead and purchased the base game and BTS only, in their original forms, off of Steam. From there, I ported the mod into the Steam version of BTS, and guess what? It loads and works just fine now!

For those considering getting Civilization IV (though this isn't likely, since it is a rather old game, but a classic nonetheless), avoid the Complete Edition at all costs if you want some of the best Mods!

Okay, I solved the issue regarding this mod, as this issue may plague other mods, I will include the solution here:

The Complete Edition of Civilization IV is essentially broken. After trying multiple different avenues to figure out why this mod wasn't working, I went on ahead and purchased the base game and BTS only, in their original forms, off of Steam. From there, I ported the mod into the Steam version of BTS, and guess what? It loads and works just fine now!

For those considering getting Civilization IV (though this isn't likely, since it is a rather old game, but a classic nonetheless), avoid the Complete Edition at all costs if you want some of the best Mods!

Hi, I would love to play a multiplayer version of Rhyse and Fall, but am a bit dim technically. I play the game via Steam. Could you please explain how I add the mod into the Steam version? Thanks in advance, Andy

To add the mod you need to follow installation procedure from the first post: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/welcome-to-the-mp-sub-forum.248164/

I don't know if this mod is compatible with the Steam version (and its multiplayer).

If not, you need to change the game to its original version by right click -> Properties -> Betas -> original_release_unsupported .
You also need this version if you want to use Direct IP.

Top Bottom