Welcome to the MP sub-forum

To add the mod you need to follow installation procedure from the first post: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/welcome-to-the-mp-sub-forum.248164/

I don't know if this mod is compatible with the Steam version (and its multiplayer).

If not, you need to change the game to its original version by right click -> Properties -> Betas -> original_release_unsupported .
You also need this version if you want to use Direct IP.

Thanks for you quick reply. I did try to follow the instructions in the thread, but I don't understand how to "Extract the files contained in the zip in ...your Civ4 folder...\BTS\Mods"

I play the game using Steam, so I don't think I can physically download the game to add to the folder. Also I am unsure what files to add to the folder: do I add everything from the download?

Assuming I cannot use Steam, how do I change the game to its original version by right click? If I right click on the Steam version in the library, nothing happens. If I buy a PC download for Steam, will this work?

I love Rhyse and Fall mod and want to play it MP, but if this is not possible, does Civ VI have anything similar that you know of?

Seems such a shame that this great game was not developed!

best wishes,
Andy

Thanks for you quick reply. I did try to follow the instructions in the thread, but I don't understand how to "Extract the files contained in the zip in ...your Civ4 folder...\BTS\Mods"

If you are using steam, the BTS mods folder is in your steam installation. I'm also using steam, and my BTS mods folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

You will find all mods in this directory. You can install RFC MP by moving the zip file to this folder and unzip it. You might need administrator rights to do this. All mods you want to install that do not have an auto-installer can be installed this way.

If you are using steam, the BTS mods folder is in your steam installation. I'm also using steam, and my BTS mods folder is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

You will find all mods in this directory. You can install RFC MP by moving the zip file to this folder and unzip it. You might need administrator rights to do this. All mods you want to install that do not have an auto-installer can be installed this way.
You are a star. Really clear info - but I still don't see the Rhyse and Fall mods in there when I load a mod after adding the RFCMP117 file. Am I doing something wrong, or missing something?

You are a star. Really clear info - but I still don't see the Rhyse and Fall mods in there when I load a mod after adding the RFCMP117 file. Am I doing something wrong, or missing something?

You need to unzip that file first by using a program which can do that. I use https://www.7-zip.org/ for that.https://www.7-zip.org/
In the end you need to have a folder (not a file) called Rhye's and Fall MP in your Mods folder.

Ok, progress. I have the Rhye's and Fall MP in the Mods folder. I can start the game in MP mode, but am now struggling to include my partner.

I start MP mode, internet game - it says my name and has the option to join the game. I can play it, but all the options to add another human player are greyed out.

I then tried to set up an email game, putting my partner's email address and stmp server in, but it wouldn't let me send the email. I then tried to PBEM without the stmp server but the game pauses and I don't know how to send to my partner.

I feel I'm being a real pain here, but can I ask for your help again to get this sorted?

upload_2020-12-29_13-48-1.png

I put it in this folder, followed the advide of loading the mod first and then seach in senario's... where I cant find it. What is going on?

I put it in this folder, followed the advide of loading the mod first and then seach in senario's... where I cant find it. What is going on?

You are in the wrong sub-forum. This sub-forum is for "Rhye's and Fall MP" and not "Rhye's and Fall of Civilization".

Other than that, are you sure that you are using the Warlords version of the mod and that you are launching Warlords expansion?

Also, you are unlikely to find much help here regarding issues with Warlords versions of mods since almost everyone plays Beyond the Sword only.
(And even then, since Rhye's and Fall of Civilization is really old, you are again unlikely to find much help here. If you are playing Beyond the Sword then I would recommend RFC Dawn of Civilization instead. If you are not playing Beyond the Sword, well, then I would recommend you to switch to Beyond the Sword if you can.)

I wanted to try the mod again after many years. To see what was so great about it. But many thanks for still responding, even tough I am at the wrong spot.

I'm also trying it now. All is fine, but number of civilization could be bigger. In current single player version there are much more civs present.

Top Bottom