Welcome to the World of Civilization Project

V1.00 is in final testing and available for early download now that Firaxis released the patch 3.17

We have moved back to the public SVN on SourceForge.net with our latest work now that we are no longer under NDA.

I think it is ready, SVN 1649, in folder V1.00 but I want to make sure we test this A LOT. Once we are happy with our testing efforts, then I will post the WoC Core along with the first set of WoC Modules for download.

Congratulations on all the work you have done. Realy terrefic. Please note the following when using WoC from svn 1716: this is probably a mod problem
WoC1716

Assert Failed

File: .\CvGlobals.cpp
Line: 4861
Expression: strcmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0
Message: info type UNITCOMBAT_JET_FIGHTER not found, Current XML file is: modules\Promotions\Improved Radar\ImprovedRadar_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml

----------------------------------------------------------

Tag:UNICOMBAT_JET_FIGHTER in Infoclass was incorrect
Current XML file is: Modules/Promotions/ImprovedRadar/ImprovedRadar_CIV4PromotionInfos.xml

Same for Tags _Bomber _GroundATTACK _Fighter _Jet_Fighter

Play starts OK but at first turn CTD
Using v3.17
Also make it possible to run from any configuration, maybe as a choice, re some uses Program other Program Files, some dokuments/my games.
regards and again thanks for all the work you have done
jebst

The unit modules are missing. The folders are there with their loading xml's, but the units' folders and files are nowhere to be seen. Either they just forgot to upload that installer or they aren't done with it yet.

Actually the Combat catergories are not done in a installer yet. so thats is the error you are getting. Add that from ver1.00 on the SVN and you will be good to go.

Mixing and matching on the SVN right now will lead to alot of errors. So if you don't mind all the manual moving work and errors, go for it....otherwise stick with the installers.

FYI there is an Excel file in with the installers that lists the Modules they contain.

Thanks. Copied the Combat Cat. and the play so far works beutifully. Keep up the good work. Maybe I am a little impatient but I love to play with as much Technology and resourses as possible.

TAfirehawk No offence. It is not that i like to mix and match as much as I know when you have to test a play, it is important to do all the stupid thing anybody can think of to se how the play handles it. So far your install files are OK on my system. There is one problem with religions. When I use christianity as a religion and work my way up the tech tree I come to Theology. When reserached there pops up "you have invented a new religion and there is a choise of two or three religions. As soon as I chose one CTD. The one to chose from are allready invented. Keep up the good work regards jebst

So is the woc beta 1.1 ok, and should i keep releasing modules, release modules with only 1 module in it, or release them with 3-4 in it? keep in mind that any module released can be disabled in the mlf by setting<bLoad>0</bLoad>. Just looking for some thoughts, we have a ton more modules.

My opinion is to continue to try and group 3-4 items in a module.

Also, you might(if its not a ton more work for you) have a "master" module for each module area (i.e. Units, buildings, etc..) and this "master" can contain all the modules in that area. That way if someone wants all the Units modules, they can just download and install the one big master Units module (instead of having to install 4+ seperate modules). Just like you have a overall Full install of the Core and all Modules. Just a thought.

BTW, have you figured out the install issue with it not overwritting older module files when someone tries and install an update on a module?

My opinion is to continue to try and group 3-4 items in a module.

Also, you might(if its not a ton more work for you) have a "master" module for each module area (i.e. Units, buildings, etc..) and this "master" can contain all the modules in that area. That way if someone wants all the Units modules, they can just download and install the one big master Units module (instead of having to install 4+ seperate modules). Just like you have a overall Full install of the Core and all Modules. Just a thought.

BTW, have you figured out the install issue with it not overwritting older module files when someone tries and install an update on a module?

Good ideas, and no i havent got a grip on the installers. i will have to play with the settings some more. Are you aware of this page? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7102942&postcount=3. Or you prefer one master file updated for each category? Or in theory I could do both options.

We still could use some more beta testers. PM me if your interested in helping. I started out with ViSa as a beta tester, then volunteered to help mod, even though i knew absolutely nothing.

I have to wonder how something like this would work with civ's XML additions, for example even adding something like an extra building requires editing several XML files, compatability issues for something like this would be a nightmare if you're trying to go all out with mix and match legos.

I have to wonder how something like this would work with civ's XML additions, for example even adding something like an extra building requires editing several XML files, compatability issues for something like this would be a nightmare if you're trying to go all out with mix and match legos.

Just make sure to always keep all changes to one entity in one place (dir), even when those changes need to be done across mutliple files (which in civ might be in different dirs).

Of course, if two separate changes to one entity change the same tags, only one can 'win', but for approx 95% of the changes out there this never is an issue.

So, it does not solve all your problems in a plug and play fashion, but most of them. It solves all technical dependency issues, but none of the logical ones (which obviously is impossible anyway).

You could e.g. give my mod (in its woc-ified version) a try to see how to do it as essentially everything in it is plug and play, you just edit the MLF file to e.g. remove a civ or a unit type.

Top Bottom