• Nothing- music distracts me too much

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • I´m fine with the original civ-background music

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • My panzers rock with German folk music

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Gangasta Rap rules when I kick the Ai´s ass

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Manowar, Hammerfall-, what else can be more motivating for my little warriors

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Bach and Wagner, like all villains who are going for world domination

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Jazz and Soul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pop

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • situation-depending- Metal when warmongering, Something relaxing when improving terrain and cities

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

batteryacid

Prince
It might be a bit off topic (or not), but I think it´s perhaps refreshing to dicuss more about more than AIs, corruption, strategies etc.- so I thought about a theme all people like to discuss- miusic. I know that the chioces cannot cover everything- so feel free to write about your preferences, habits etc.

For myself I must say I hear no other musik than I hear ususally- Britpop (I´m a real Radiohead addict), heavy metal (metallica etc), Jazz (jazzanova and St. Germain) etc. etc.- everything but folk music, techno and the too commercial pop crap

So- let´s the discussion start

Movie Themes - invading and building to the Imperial March, the Theme from Red October, Patton, The Conan Movies, The Patriot, and various tracks from 13th warrior.

i do a mix from trance to drum and bass and moslty HEAVY METAL and sometimes final fantasy songs and of course the pixies

My troops usually go to battle accompanied by symphonies from the classical period, especially those from the Mannheim composers.
And I find it hard to believe that Bach is such a favourite among world dominating villains...

I listen to a mix of Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin, AC DC, and Pink Floyd. I make a 30 track selection shuffles, place on reapeat, and start up a day of civing.

Some times I just listen to the radio. Recently I've been playing old-skool rap records, PE, NWA, Run DMC, etc. Otherwise it's Hilltop Hoods, J5, DJ Shadow, Bias B. With occasional SoaD, RATM, some instrumentals and whatever else i haven't played in a while.

Techno! Nothing like invading an enmy territory while Sandstorm is blaring.

I like to listen Dire Straits, Bob Marley, Eric Clapton. Sometime when the IA attack me,for not punch the computer i listen Elvis and Frank SInatra. But when they have only a warrior and start a war with me i listen Punk rock(Sex pistol, Rancid, bad religion) and i go to war against him and his allies.

I just do the default. But thats a good idea... i think i'll play Ride of the Valkyries next time I go warmongering.

luceafarul said:
...I find it hard to believe that Bach is such a favourite among world dominating villains...
I agree with this.

Oftentimes I listen to the radio (RTE Radio One). If I do put on a CD or an LP (anyone remember those?) it could be anything from Bach to the Butthole Surfers but usually I won't notice it finish and I'll be playing for hours in silence.

luceafarul said:
And I find it hard to believe that Bach is such a favourite among world dominating villains...
You´re right - sometimes I´m just tipping faster than thinling- I meant Beethoven - but I heard some of Bachs compositions for organs also in some films -e.g. Michael Caine as Captain Nemo in this TV production, or the crazy gone Dreyfuss in Pink Panther 3
I think Strauss with Also Sprach Zarathustra (you know the 2001 space Odyssee theme) would also be nice

Top Bottom