What are you driving?

215-220.

This one's the best:
Screenshot from 2024-01-05 10-49-54.png

What I was driving, till I finally put it out to pasture last week :( (yes that's a bit of melty snow on a 2007 Mustang GT ragtop):
FrozenStang.jpg

Thread title says it all.
Moderator Action: No it doesn't. If it did, you would have posted your vehicle. We do not need more "oh just post a picture" threads. If the threads sticks to the title, fine, other wise expect closure.

As it happens I have just bought a 5.5 litre V8 Merc CLK 55 AMG from the auction without even seeing it first. It runs but makes a horrible noise when it moves. Here is a youtube of the same model but working better.

A Toyota Corolla, bought JUST before the stuff hit the fan in 2020. Unfortunately it was in a big accident back in 2022 -- someone was trying to pass in a curve and drove me off the road into a ditch. Bodywork has her looking good as new but it will probably kill any resale value, so I'll probably drive it for years to come.

My dad's business is winding down so as part of that he sold me one of the utes that they used. It's a 1998 Toyota HiLux, single cab and of course manual transmission. Just a cool 330 000km on the odometer right now. But I've been told it'll go until a million before the engine starts to flag.

I've been driving almost every day with it, and slowly getting to the point that passengers wouldn't know if they were in a manual or auto car. But today I brought it to my dad's workshop to drop off some stuff, put the lift attached to the tray down to make it slightly easier, and found it wouldn't go up again :( and since it's fully extended and touching the ground, it would be a pain to drive home. Not sure exactly what happened but it was suggested a blown fuse is responsible.

Attached: the HiLux after my dad gave it a blue paintjob, since the tray was rusting out. He also had the wood put on it too.

Edit: lift has been fixed :)

Attachments

• 20231214_153941.jpg
    20231214_153941.jpg
    8.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
My dad's business is winding down so as part of that he sold me one of the utes that they used. It's a 1998 Toyota HiLux, single cab and of course manual transmission. Just a cool 330 000km on the odometer right now. But I've been told it'll go until a million before the engine starts to flag.

I've been driving almost every day with it, and slowly getting to the point that passengers wouldn't know if they were in a manual or auto car. But today I brought it to my dad's workshop to drop off some stuff, put the lift attached to the tray down to make it slightly easier, and found it wouldn't go up again :( and since it's fully extended and touching the ground, it would be a pain to drive home. Not sure exactly what happened but it was suggested a blown fuse is responsible.

Attached: the HiLux after my dad gave it a blue paintjob, since the tray was rusting out. He also had the wood put on it too.
Are aware of what what top gear did with theirs? (you only really need the first three of this youtube playlist)
Spoiler Spoiler :
It started pretty rusty and survived everything they could throw at it including the tide and a building demolition

Delta Flyer...huh...i mean...a Dacia Sandero Mk2 running on LPG.

smol car

When I was in Australia last December I was surprised at how few Holdens were left in Brisbane. Maybe I was being very selective with what cars I saw, but Japanese marques certainly dominate.

Nonetheless, the roads of Greater Brisbane appear to be almost uniformly filled with HiLuxes, Colorados, Tritons, D-Maxes and Amaroks. It's a little scary.

Top Bottom