What changes does advancing to a new era have?

does it changed when era changed? I thought it depends on Defensive buildings like walls and castles.
You start off throwing rocks in the ancient era to firing rockets in the information era.

I'm not to sure on this but when someone melee attacks your city it attacks back like a melee unit itself. Defensive buildings give more combat strength and hit-points to cities, thus making them harder to capture(unless their hp is zero).

You start off throwing rocks in the ancient era to firing rockets in the information era.

I'm not to sure on this but when someone melee attacks your city it attacks back like a melee unit itself. Defensive buildings give more combat strength and hit-points to cities, thus making them harder to capture(unless their hp is zero).

The damage that the ranged attack that cities have also cause more damage.

I heard from somewhere that it reduces research cost of techs in previous eras. Please confirm!!

Edit: just tested, no it doesn't

Defense buildings: Advancing to a new era does NOT increase defenses & city bombardment; that is instead based on number of techs you have -> If you really want to increase defenses; the last thing you should be doing is bee-lining into the next era and instead should just research the cheapest techs you can.

Previous era techs: Advancing to the next era does NOT decrease cost of previous era's tech. However, the more other players (that you know) have a given tech, the cheaper it is to research. So bee-lining can have the effect of making the bypassed techs cheaper, but only if the AI researched them.

Top Bottom