What determines whether a ranged unit attacks or captures a worker?

Evening gonad

Chieftain
I've right clicked on workers with crossbows to (re)capture them. However, I recently right clicked on workers with an Atlatlist and they attacked instead of captured. Under what conditions does capture versus attack occur?

If you're not at war with the worker's civ, and right click a ranged unit onto it, you'll get the declare war popup and then attack the worker, as opposed to capturing it.

If it is your declaring action then he will shoot. If you declare war first and then click it will capture.

No idea. Just use the (M)ove command instead of right clicking

That's a good tip. I would rather use the move command myself. That's why I usually dont like using ranged to capture worker units.

If you're not at war with the worker's civ, and right click a ranged unit onto it, you'll get the declare war popup and then attack the worker, as opposed to capturing it.

If it is your declaring action then he will shoot. If you declare war first and then click it will capture.

That makes sense. That was the conditions that it occurred under. Thank you for the replies.

Top Bottom