What did you achieve this year? 2018 edition

Given that i will be sending the new translation at december 31, it is to be four new translations sold this year :)

- four stories by poe
- jekyll- hyde
-2 volumes out of the full (13 volume) work of hp Lovecraft.

By contrast, last year only had 2. Kafka & eta hoffmann.

There's obviously this, so I don't want to be too negative, but

that was my major project for the last quarter of the year, roughly (maybe third). It was something I thought would be achievable without very enormous effort (effort yes, but that class was fairly easier than most I've done), and t was. So I'm sort of glad I could set an achiavable goal and meet it.

So that is a pretty massive achievement for me given the past few years, and I don't want to downplay it, but it is like the one single thing I achieved this year, I think. And as noted at least 2/3 of the year did not go to that.

I've had some projects this year I tried doing but failed, like nanowrimo.

There are I guess some lesser things, like I managed to read some books during the summer, but if I achieved anything more on that sort of scale than I've forgotten.

Also I feel I've gotten better at identifying various challenges I have, but gotten worse at dealing with them

Finally joined this site after lurking for over 12 years or more.
Promoted at work.
Realized I need to be more kind in general.
Welcome! :)

In summary:
  • Lost 16 pounds. This would be a higher figure but I'm experiencing significant muscle gains right now.
  • Earned about 4x more this year than I did during 2015, 2016, and 2017 combined.
  • Started a new treatment plan based on my own research instead of listening to my team of doctors who have only led me deeper into physical degradation in the past 4 years. This has directly led to the significant muscle gains noted above and has also reduced intolerance to exertion.
  • I finished the first draft of a novel.
  • I registered for college.
  • Became far more assured in who I am as an individual, despite major setbacks in mental health.
  • Met a woman.
  • Bought birthday presents for all of my friends, something I had never been able to accomplish in recent years.
  • Didn't need a handout/bailout from any of my friends due to emergencies or unexpected health costs, implying a significant step towards complete self-sufficiency.
  • Recovered my credit score by more than 70 points.
  • I got onto PPMB, a form of benefits here in BC that is the middle ground between normal welfare and disability. This has led to a major reduction in stress surrounding survival.
  • One of the easiest ways of determining my physical status was to measure grip strength. For several years now I haven't been able to clench my hands into fists and my grip strength itself was at a <11-year-old comparative. Through my treatment plan over the period of two months, I've doubled my grip strength and am now at a 13-year-old comparative. I can also clench my hands again although they shake while doing so.
  • I wrote over 280,000 words during 2018.
  • I edited over 600,000 words during 2018.

My new videogame entered Alpha, getting ready for a combat beta release in March.

@Elhoim ^^^ And I see that the two games in your sig are on Steam and inexpensive!

Top Bottom