What do the following buildings do?

2000AD

Chieftain
Since their tooltips are blank I'm just wondering if these buildings currently do anything or if they're work in progress that I shouldn't bother building.

- Breeding Pen
- Chrysopoeia Reactor
- Argentopoeia Reactor

Since we have a thread for this, I'd like to ask; is there any advantage to having polders over farms?

This reminds me to get some of these into the help texts. Just added the two quicksilver conversion buildings.

I thought that the "+1x1y per improved zzzzz" type effects were added automatically to bullet point helps. Is this not the case?

Since we have a thread for this, I'd like to ask; is there any advantage to having polders over farms?
I almost forgot about this improvement. IIRC the only difference is that you can build these on marsh without having to drain it (which would require Masonry tech).

Considering the Civ that gets them a. is generally one of the first civs founded and b. only gets polders total, and considering that high pop cities need health buildings which require masonry anyway, maybe a significant buff, or potential from buffs due to research, is necessary? Maybe for a start the +1 food from irrigation doesn't require fresh water access? (The main bonus from irrigation here would be reducing the water levels, so that food can be grown more effectively without drowning the plants, I think? Generally it is for fenland and such) Plus soe other buffs, or else give Girnir some more bonuses?

Wait should this go in the Balance thread?

Breeding pen last time I checked still had the HELP_TEXT_BREEDING_PENS message thing as it's help text.

Almost all the what you call bullet point info texts (that are there) for buildings with the "+1x1y per improved zzzzz" type effects are giving wrong info, probably due to balancing at some point or other. Most of them say +2 to x but give only +1. So if not too much of a bother you could go through them from the top.

Almost all the what you call bullet point info texts (that are there) for buildings with the "+1x1y per improved zzzzz" type effects are giving wrong info, probably due to balancing at some point or other. Most of them say +2 to x but give only +1. So if not too much of a bother you could go through them from the top.
Just to clarify: Help text is what appears under the "-------------" line, and if there isn't any Help text then you don't see that line (Edit: my statement is true for v7; but in v6 you see the line and "TXT_KEY_BLAHBLAH"). All the autogenerated stuff is in the bullet points. The more that is autogenerated the better, because I don't have to update Help text every time I change something (this is why some are goofed up). Only unusual building effects need actual Help text and the rest needs to be coded into autogenerated bullet points.

Hang in there for v7, since it removes the empty TXT_KEY_BLAHBLAHs. I'll add the "+1x1y per improved zzzzz" effects to autogeneration. Then you all can help me spot additional missing info or bad Help texts.

back to the topic: what is roasting furnace good for?
Making more Quicksilver from Cinnabar. You already get 1 Quicksilver from each mined Cinnabar (with Alchemy). The Roasting Furnace building requires nearby mined Cinnabar and gives +2 Quicksilver. But it also gives -4 health.

Should I mention here that the Castle costs 1 maintenance... but gives 1 gold as yield??? So it doesn't affect gpt one way or another. That's been confusing me a bit, not that it kept me from building lots of tiny cities with nothing but Walls and a Castle on a mountain pass and setting them to do Training Exercizes for the rest of the game... Castle Svol, Fort Sliab, etc...

1 gold 1 maintenance buildings give profit if you have one or both of reduced building maintenance and a +ve percentage modifier to your money. If you have negative money modifiers it can cost. It's a pretty cool mechanic actually...

One thing that did not get into v7 release was the UI autogeneration for "+1x1y per improved zzzzz" effects. I'll get that into one of the early hotfixes.

(I also didn't get to Civtar's unit suggestions. Seems like there's always 100 things to do...)

OK, there's a lot more autogeneration of help now with v7a. And good thing! The hand-written Help was out of date on many things.

So please post now anything that seems missing or wrong in building mouse-overs.

-The Voluspa should probably specify that it changes approach CL as well as current CL. At first I thought it wasn't good, and it definitely is.

-Unless hotfix a would have adjusted it, the Great Library's tooltip hasn't changed to reflect KM instead of tech cost.

-The culture overview button now shows victory progress, but the tooltip hasn't changed to reflect it.

Thanks! Also mentioned on other thread was building %yield effects from policies.

Keep listing these here and I'll get to them eventually.

Reasonably sure that also applies to flat yield effects. I was playing the Milling civ and, while the actual effect was fine, the mills still said +2 f/p.

Also, while the Market's tooltip is technically accurate, it's also not that pleasant to look at.

Yeah, I could specifically disable that for marketplace and say "all resources" in Help text. For now though it is good for debugging purposes.

In v7a I added the missing +yield or +resource effects directly linked to buildings, but not effects added to building by Civ Trait or Policy. I'll start on those soon.

So as none of them have help text yet, I was looking through the manual to see what the various temples actually did. I noticed it say that the pantheistic temples have variable plot yields based on the particular god. Whenever I make one though it always seems to give the same four culture and four mana. Have I been having very strange luck, or have the variable yields just not been implemented yet?

Reposting here: When I mouse over the Shrine, which requires Theism or Pantheism, I am informed that it requires Pantheism. It doesn't say anything about Theism.
Also can we please figure something out for the Marketplace? Its tooltip is immense because it shows every single resource it affects (which is every single resource in the game)!

Top Bottom