What do you miss the most from Civ4?

What do you miss the most from Civ4BTS?

• Total voters
A complicated tech tree is what a chose.. but um my #1 thing was not having to deal with steam every time i wanted to play Civ...

Civ4 has a lot of SMAC aspects to it, basically player centric concepts that the AI can't handle or can't handle well, are sort of pointless or adds very little to the game, but fans cite as adding depth.

One such aspect is Relgion, as implemented, its a dilpmatic crutch and completely broken. The AI spreads it, has some rules it follow on how to handle it, but it never really understands it.

The other thing is the UN resolutions. False sense of power.

Shouldn't we be more worried about the player's experience than the AI's? To re-word that: Isn't "player-centric" a GOOD thing!?

Religion was not the diplomatic crutch yo umake it out to be unless you went out of your way to manipulate it. You can't just flip religions around willy-nilly without consequences and, indeed, if you went Free Religion then religion didn't impact diplomacy at all so.....I don't see how it was a crutch.

Shouldn't we be more worried about the player's experience than the AI's? To re-word that: Isn't "player-centric" a GOOD thing!?

Religion was not the diplomatic crutch yo umake it out to be unless you went out of your way to manipulate it. You can't just flip religions around willy-nilly without consequences and, indeed, if you went Free Religion then religion didn't impact diplomacy at all so.....I don't see how it was a crutch.

Lol not to mention it ignores that the biggest addition of Civ V is playercentric .

1UPT player centric

Something being player centric isnt bad.. and actually if the AI was better at everything in the game then it would make for a terrible game.
Religion was no more player centric than 1UPT is.. The AI knew how to use it.. it just wasnt as good at using it as the player.. and no amount of AI programming would fix either so that the AI was better than the human.

The one thing I miss most of all is.. balance. IMHO has no flawed concepts, they are just poorly executed. Maritime City states our out of balance, too powerful. Resources and the improvements are unbalanced (far too little bonus), you put down cities almost everywhere, as long it's on a river. Cities grow to slowly (possible exception is in the beginning) and probably never reach their full potential.

My number one gripe: It takes far too long to build anything, units or buildings.

Top Bottom