What do you obsess about?

Yeah... wonder addiction here too. I like to get my hands on the Library, but it's not required. Leonardos is a continuous obsession of mine, and I WILL cry if I don't get Adam Smiths or Hoovers.

I also obsess about having all my "SODs" prior to invasion be spotless. I.e. all veteran fully healed units, and additionally they should all be identical. If one of my attack parties lacks a trebuchet relative to the others, I may well be willing to put off the attack for several turns to fix the problem. What's worse, if during that time I get more troops that could help the attack, I usually do not join them in my "SODs", but rather have then waiting in the rear for reinforcements.

I have a huge wonder adiction.Also making my capital the greatest city on earth.Staying ahead in techs.There mine just cant stop doing them.

I worry needlessly about pollution. I won't build hospitals until I have mass transit.

Balance of power. Oh yes. I make sure noone strays too far and takes over the world just like that. I even deliberately make decisions that weaken my own civ so I can get a challenging scrap with the other countries.

That is how I am, too.

At one point, I felt sad, isolated, and alone. I had almost wiped out Russia and Egypt, and I felt sorry for them. I had to tell myself that it is no big deal, and a few decades later, I wiped them out. But usually, I give the most backward civs free techs, or some cash. Call it charity :lol:

A few centuries later, China only had one city left. I didn't wipe him out: I had fun chatting with him, and it brought a smile to my face every time he was grateful for outdated techs I didn't need anymore. Then the damn fool DECLARED WAR on me! I almost fell off my chair!! :mischief:

Culture and wonder addiction.

I also adjust the science tab in order to save money when the research stand at "1 turn".

I save... All the time. I think about every turn. When I'm done with a game, I usually delete all the saved games.

Staying ahead in techs (completely obsessed about this one, in particular).

I get really paranoid early game. I feel isolated and alone.

I worry and I am constantly annoyed with pollution. If I have a few workers idle, however, not far from the pollution, and manage to eradicate the pollution in one turn, 'then I feel a sense of superiority'.

Great Library is one of my favorite wonders to build, to keep abreast of the pack in the tech race, though I also like the Great Lighthouse and the Pyramids. Newton's U in the middlegame, and UN in the endgame though I don't often get the latter. I'm definitely a Wonder addict.
I do worry about pollution but I do build hospitals usually as soon as I can. Railroads are another must as I need the commercial bonus with all the stuff I end up buying from other civs.

i will quit the game if i dont get Statue of Zeus of Knights Templar. And i will instantly declare war on any civ that takes my Smiths Trading Company. And if i can't hold nukes for longer than 20 turns, must nuke something. oh and i dont like it when someone else builds the manhattan project, and i will get mad. (i think i'm paranoid :crazyeye: )

I must be number one on the histograph. If I am not, then I must be farther up the ladder than the last time I checked.

NWOG said:
I save... All the time. I think about every turn. When I'm done with a game, I usually delete all the saved games.

ever heard of auto save?

I must have Copernikus, Newton and Seti in a very rich city (preferably with some gems or gold).
I have allready quit perfectly fine games, wich would surely be won because I missed Kopernikus.

I must have colonies on every continent. I try to be the first to be a seafaring civ.

I must be the richest civ in the game.

I trade techs like they're going out of style. I try to be the first to get it, and then sell it to every other civ. If someone else gets a tech before me, then I trade for it and promptly sell it to all others.

If I am at war, I always try to make peace with them before I wipe out their last city. For some reason I try to leave them one city. If I wipe out that last city because they did not want to make peace, I feel bad. :confused:

I always have to have the latest and greatest tech. I'll go trading even when I own the Great Library. :crazyeye:

Every unit in my army has to be veteran, even if it's only job is to defend some worthless town in siberia(my name for tundra :mischief: ) I'm also addicted to smith's trading company

I always try to do the 'lower the science slider at one turn' thingy.
If I miss it early on it's no big deal but I after the AA it drives me nuts.

I can't leave my workers alone. I have to manually control them. I once tried a variant where workers must be automated. I pulled out half of my hair after 20 turns... that games still sits at 3000BC.

Also, every worker gang has to have the right number of workers for the task -- if I see a team of 4 (none-industrious workers) mining a grassland, I go crazy.

The red thread here seems to be that Smiths Trading Co is a big obsession. I suggest we initiate Smiths Trading Co Anonymous (STCA). You won't stop making ****loads of gold until you want to stop making ****loads of gold!

1.) Once I have rrr's, I HAVE to put all my units together in stacks - one stack of infantry, one stack of armor, one stack of MI, etc. Also, I have to divide the stacks by experience, i.e. elite infantry, vet infantry, etc. The stacks HAVE to be kept near the MA, preferably in squares suited to them. Tanks in desert, Marines in Coasts, Cavalry in grasslands, etc.

2.) Every City MUST have a flak or Mob Sam in it. Every City MUST have civ defense, and a Sam Battery.

3.) My borders must be fortified. All level terrain on them must have a barricade.

4) No ship can sail without a christening. The MUST have names.

5) All my Armies have to be named after the leader that created them, or with historically accurate numbers if from the MA.

6) I have to do everything in the same order every turn. Move all workers first, air recon next; peaceful land moves second, peaceful Navy moves, then all war moves. Next trade with the AI - must talk to EVERY AI EVERY TURN. Then check EVERY CITY for building progress/happiness/allocation issues. Then adjust my sliders. Then check my Military Advisor screen. Then scroll around the world for a visual check of all known areas and unit placements. Then save the game.

I think I am a bit autistic. ;) :blush:

All new cities must produce one settler (at least) before they do anything else (even if I have to delay productuion and wait for city to grow).
This keeps my civ expanding.

-no other civs on my continent
-every tile must be railroaded on my continent
-every tile in each city's radius must be improved, even if it is only size one and growing slowly
-if i have to choose between more than one person to attack it is always the larger one

Top Bottom