what does religious influence indicate?

civvver

Deity
On the religious adviser screen each religion is listed with a percentage of influence. Is this influence the number of population points that religion accounts for? Say there are three cities in the world, a size 1, 2 and 3 and the 1 and 2 are hindu, then hindu would be 50% influence?

Or is it based on the listed population like in demographics?

Or is it something else entirely?

I'm trying to gauge how big some of the foreign religions are.

i think it is about population percantage. but i dont know how ai computes that. because may be 1+2 is not equal to 3. i mean when city has 1 population it means 10.000 people (i am just guessing that number, we should check game) and when it has 3 lets say it has 100.000 people. i mean 1,2 means something to us but it also means number of people in that city in a different way...

besides i never tried to figure out how ai computes a city when it has more than one religion...

but in the end that percantage is not so critical. you should decide your religion for diplomatic reasons, to use organized religion/theocracy more efficiently etc...

but in the end that percantage is not so critical. you should decide your religion for diplomatic reasons, to use organized religion/theocracy more efficiently etc...

Yep. The only real reason I use them for is when deciding who to DoW on, especially if the shrine has already being built or I have a free GP.

i think it is about population percantage. but i dont know how ai computes that. because may be 1+2 is not equal to 3. i mean when city has 1 population it means 10.000 people (i am just guessing that number, we should check game) and when it has 3 lets say it has 100.000 people. i mean 1,2 means something to us but it also means number of people in that city in a different way...

A city's population can be viewed by hovering over the city name in the city management screen. I also believe it's a percentage based on population although I have not checked.

It's a valuable information to know which shrines are worthy to capture although this information is usually available in what state religions the AI have.

My issue was I had founded three religions, already shrined one of them, and wasn't sure which to pick for 2nd. Both were at the same percentage but one seemed to be in less cities, but I couldn't tell for sure since all the AI were my first shrine's religion.

You could always just scroll around the map manually counting if it isn't obvious which religion is in more cities.

if you are going to shrine a religion, check which religion has more cities....or if there is another civ with religion you can shrine it. because there is a probablity that civ will try to expand that religion into his own cities at least...

Top Bottom