What forums do we need for Civ4Col?

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
What kind of forum setup do you think we need for Civ4Col?

Just want to get some opinion first before I go ahead and create the forums. :)

In my humble opinion, a general gameplay one (this one), a strategy & tips one, a modding one and a technical one (perhaps a multiplayer one as well). Civ4 has more, but we'll have to see how much popularity the Colonization remake accumulates to justify whether more subforums are necessary.

PS: We need an icon for Colonization, like the ones I have on my signature. :p

PS: We need an icon for Colonization, like the ones I have on my signature. :p

What do you think about this one?

(Credit to Berba)

If not, feel free to make your own... ;)

I would like a new section... preferably above civ revolutions! :p

Viva PC gaming! Let's put PC gaming on top!

Also it is a completely different engine and incompatible with anything Civ4 before this.

Edit: I think.... There already are mods for this game! Crazy. I love it, but crazy.

In my humble opinion, a general gameplay one (this one), a strategy & tips one, a modding one and a technical one (perhaps a multiplayer one as well). Civ4 has more, but we'll have to see how much popularity the Colonization remake accumulates to justify whether more subforums are necessary.

Might also want to do a Stories and Tales/Succession Games forum/subforum, although I don't know how interested people are in doing that :undecide:

I suggest a minimum of forums. Perhaps this one (General Discussion), Technical Support, and one for Mods to begin with (a Gallery and an Information Center already exist). If the traffic warrants it, more forums could be added later, no?

At least, you would give us a different forum for col creation with the civ 4 right??
If it is, you already accomplish my desire

I guess I should have read this before posting in the staff area. :blush:

Whatever Civ4 has sounds good.

And moving CivRev down sounds like a good plan. ;)

How about a Colonization academy? I hesitate to say War Academy, but I suppose that would work also. Basically, a forum to post effective strategies and tactics would be helpful.

How about a Colonization academy? I hesitate to say War Academy, but I suppose that would work also. Basically, a forum to post effective strategies and tactics would be helpful.
How about Royal Academy, so it can cover every aspect of Colonization? :king:

General discussion, strategies, modding. I don't think a separate technical forum is needed for a game that uses the same Civ4 engine

And maybe a poll category??
And Questsions & Help
Or maybe Complaints (hehe)..

Added a link to point to the original Colonization forum, which is under the All Other Games category.

BTW, do you think we should give Civ4 Colonization its own separate forum category, instead of under Civilization IV? Or do you think it's fine as it is?

I would say it's distinct enough to have its own forum category. Would make it easier for new persons coming on the site to find.

since the name is civilization 4: colonization, where the forums are currently located makes sense, IMO

Top Bottom