What is happening, fellow Yasutanians?

fed1943

Emperor
NotA has one unlucky citizen, keeps with 3 food surplus, not changed to slavery,

no religious conversion, missionary goes to other place, and got two workers,

one of them working a still useless hills, as the city has 4 improved and

unworked hills.

EA loses 1 food by turn,is needlessly at brink of starvation, as can convert,

and/or build a temple.

Riversight got no worker,while a mine would be at once useful.

Best regards,

Add to that that "Coppertown" is building a Barracks instead of my instructed Courthouse.

I must admit, I'm not to happy with the last turnchat.

Everything can be repaired of course, but it wasn't exactly strong play.

It makes you wonder why we post instructions at all.

The barracks instead of a courthouse is a mystery which can only be answered by asking Chieftess.
I didn't issue any instructions to convert to Confucianism -- just plain forgot to do it. It is surprising that one of the proponents of adopting a religion didn't go ahead and do it given the lack of instructions for that area.

Ouch, that is indeed a major misser by the combined citizenry. But I'm very eager to find a summary or any other explanantion from Chieftess on her turnchat.

Another thing... I left instructions for the Scout to try to explore Bismark's Southern most city... however quite a bit of the city's tiles are still in the black fog. :undecide:

On another note... both the Warlord and the acting Chieftain left instructions for the scout.... who's responcibility is it then?

Another thing... I left instructions for the Scout to try to explore Bismark's Southern most city... however quite a bit of the city's tiles are still in the black fog. :undecide:

On another note... both the Warlord and the acting Chieftain left instructions for the scout.... who's responcibility is it then?

Warlords i think, as it does have a strength value

Ouch, that is indeed a major misser by the combined citizenry. But I'm very eager to find a summary or any other explanantion from Chieftess on her turnchat.

Personally, I wished the instructions were more clearly laid out -- this did happen once before where I'm looking at a bunch of stuff and something gets missed in the middle.

Instructions should be clearly laid out like,

Turn 1 - Do this.
Turn 2 - Do that.
Approx. Turn 8, Do something else.
- Keep worker #3 working around XYZ city.

When it's not, it gets tricky having to scroll up and down all the time trying to find some bit of instruction, and when I don't see it, it can get missed.

I didn't think we had open borders with those northern civs, and I only saw the instruction that gave a general, "Clear the fog to the NW" - and I did, up to where Germany and Rome were, not knowing if we had open borders or not.

Personally, I wished the instructions were more clearly laid out -- this did happen once before where I'm looking at a bunch of stuff and something gets missed in the middle.

Instructions should be clearly laid out like,

Turn 1 - Do this.
Turn 2 - Do that.
Approx. Turn 8, Do something else.
- Keep worker #3 working around XYZ city.

When it's not, it gets tricky having to scroll up and down all the time trying to find some bit of instruction, and when I don't see it, it can get missed.
I'm sorry but I don't share this reasoning. If I post consecutive orders then I think I may expect that the DP has the capability to read and perform them consecutively too.

I'm sorry but I don't share this reasoning. If I post consecutive orders then I think I may expect that the DP has the capability to read and perform them consecutively too.

This has been a problem with some instructions, particularly build queues

"Build a barracks, then if such-and-such happens build a Axeman, then construct a temple."

When they're laid out like that, in paragraph form, it's a bit harder to read and follow, particularly when trying to fulfill all the instructions in various posts during the chat.

However, the instructions for Coppertown were given in a relatively easy to read format.

Also again, when it comes to what tiles a city should work screenshots are MUCH more helpful then paragraph form descriptions. Tile assignments should be laid out clearly, and if the Elder wants the DP to check back on the city later to rework tiles when we get growth or whatever gets built please give an approximate turn to check back on it. Also, I don't really think it's the DP's responsibility to optimize city production by playing with tiles being worked, the Elder should have this all planned out.

Also, we did and do have open borders with both Rome and Germany, in fact in the turnchat I did 2 sessions before this I had the scout running through German territory myself.

However I can understand the confusion between Scout instructions from 2 different sources.

Looking at the chat log, she was by herself in the chatroom for much of the session. So the participants who would normally provide a second set of eyes were not there or not very active. Also, CT did save and upload the turn 0 save with her initial moves, so that people could check for something she missed. However, dutchfire appears to be the only one who was active at the time and in chat he said he was only half paying attention. He also did tell CT to go ahead and continue to turn 1. She also posted subsequent saves every 5 turns for review again. But again, lack of activity meant that there was only a few people who were available, let alone actually reviewing the save and catching the oversights.

Top Bottom