What is Plug and Play?

Saim

King
I'm kinda confused... do you download it and then get to choose what to actually have in the game?

You download specific modules and place it in your (Custom)Assets\Modules folder. You need to enable modular loading in your .ini file though.

I'm kinda confused... do you download it and then get to choose what to actually have in the game?

Yes you get to choose what you have in your own game by placing and pulling out modules.

All modules are ready to go from a there own folder.

So lets say I don't want to have a certain module in this time. Just take it out of the modules folder and it wont be there. you want to add 3 other modules just place those in.

The point to this module stuff to be able to have numerous modules all work with each other without recoding.

I'm away from my copy of Civ to test this but am really looking forward to using it. Actually I think its a godsend. Despite all my reading I'm still a little confused about the possibilities.

Essentially this is what I'd still like to know... If you have a converted full Civ mod (for instance VISA) but you want to put in a civ here or a unit there - if you drop a module with the full civ into the folder, does it work with the existing mod or do you need to edit the existing mod files anyway?

If Visa was converted to modular format you would be able to add in units and civs here and there to customize it

In order for Modules to be used together they have to be in Modular format. Now there is an interesting thought Maybe someone with time can play test. Add a Module into a full out mod already completed. I can't see why it wouldn't work. As long as they are in the Modules folder within the mod itself. One thing to NOTE!!! if the Mod has altered the game play at all... chances are that the Module will not be compatable.

In order for Modules to be used together they have to be in Modular format. Now there is an interesting thought Maybe someone with time can play test. Add a Module into a full out mod already completed. I can't see why it wouldn't work. As long as they are in the Modules folder within the mod itself. One thing to NOTE!!! if the Mod has altered the game play at all... chances are that the Module will not be compatable.

i can tell you right now that does work

i'm running the fexfex "bigger longer faster" mod, along with the "civ customizer" and "racial and ethnically diverse units" and have added EVERY listed modular civ, leaderhead, and unit

i also run all of this with the blue marble graphics

i made my own folder (right now i'm calling my mod "allcivs biggerlonger" and copied and pasted all of these things in

the only thing you have to be careful of is that unless you have python skills, which i dont, you can only use ONE mod that changes the python.

but all of those others run nicely for me in one mod

Top Bottom