What skill level do you play at?

What is your normal skill level you play?

• Deity

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Immortal

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • Emperor

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • King

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • Prince

Votes: 27 16.9%
  • Warlord

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Chieftain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Settler

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TallNSturdy

Chieftain
Everyone seems to say "I play deity cause it's too easy" but myself I play emporer and find the game enjoyable. I don't number crunch and I am flexible in my strategy so that I am not always chasing the same techs\wonders\perfect conditions.

I'm with you, either Emperor or Immortal. Deity (at least for me) forces you into very specific ways of doing things and just isn't very fun, it seems.

There really should be an Emperor and Immortal option here...

Everyone seems to say "I play deity cause it's too easy" but myself I play emporer and find the game enjoyable. I don't number crunch and I am flexible in my strategy so that I am not always chasing the same techs\wonders\perfect conditions.

Deity is fun in a : you won't always win kinda way. Sucks when you lose but is quite satisfying when you do. The trade off is every now in again you get a game where you just throw your arms in the airs and go wtf. Like I had a game where Siam had a good 10-12 cities and almost every damn city state on the map under turn 150. I was teching really hard on 4 good cities and he still was snowballing by a good 10-15 techs <.<.

Immortal is where I play if I'm just looking for something fun but where I'm likely to win (like if I want to go after an achievement I don't have)

I doubt *many* the people play on deity without cheating. I'm comfortable at prince. Can do king on good spawning rolls. Every level above that takes too much micro for my tastes and I'm not good enough either.

(please don't take my first sentence to be a bash against legit deity players, or even cheating deity players at that, it's just an observation I may be wrong or right on)

Mostly emperor but have been mixing in some immortals now. Played a few games of it and have won them, still haven't been really micromanaging them, or doing loads of exploitive stuff. Temptation to sell lux/gpt for gold before DoWing gets strong

Immortal.

Deity makes you play too defensive at the start. What if I want to do an ancient era rush? I shouldn't have to turtle as Japan or The Aztecs.

Also, I'd at least like a shot of getting the Great Library. If it's in the game, the players should at least have a small chance to build it.

Emperor, I play sloppy and change my mind often so I like a little leeway. Lately been thinking of trying Immortal though, as I can't seem to lose Emperor.

Immortal.

Deity makes you play too defensive at the start. What if I want to do an ancient era rush? I shouldn't have to turtle as Japan or The Aztecs.

Also, I'd at least like a shot of getting the Great Library. If it's in the game, the players should at least have a small chance to build it.

Play long enough on Deity and you start to forget Ancient and Classical Wonders exist!

Play long enough on Deity and you start to forget Ancient and Classical Wonders exist!

...or you will start to look at wonders as the spoils of victorious war mongering!

king for me its where I feel comfortable, I have played up to deity and won but did not like how it forced me to play.

Majority of my games are still on prince. With this version I've taken a different approach and started at settler and worked my way up. In past versions I've started at the upper end and worked my way down. Much less frustrating this way as I learn the nuances of the system.

Will likely be moving up to king to purely for AI combat reasons. I'm finding that with my play style combat is the only thing that the AI needs a little help with.

I consider emperor to be the sweet spot where you can't play like a moron, but you can RP, try out new stuff, and refrain from exploits (e.g., taking loans then DOWing, selling luxes then allowing a barb to raze, etc.) without messing up your game. It's perfect for after-work play when you just want to have fun.

I said Immortal. I used to always play Emperor, but after a few Immortal games, I've spent the last week or so playing on Diety and am not sure I would go back to Emperor.

Prince and King. I'm not good enough nor do I have the patience required for the micro of higher difficulties.

King here. It is a level I can play at comfortably without using any tactics/strategies that I would consider 'cheap', which means it allows me some modicum of immersion and role-playing.

I can beat deity. But i don't like this level. Too much luck factors needed. I prefer immortal. But i still voted deity.

Immortal. Once in a while i feel confident enough to start a Deity Science/Diplo game. But playing Deity goes like that song: 'long black cloud is coming down', so, it isn't in any way consistent, mostly luck. But then again i am peaceful.

Play mostly at king, only go higher when I want a challenge. But most of my casual games are at king.

I am a peaceful player. Builder.

i get my *ss kicked on diety too much. Won it once with China but I am probably 1 for 10. Immortal is plenty challenging for me, so I stick with that.

Top Bottom