What skill level do you play at?

What is your normal skill level you play?

• Deity

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Immortal

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • Emperor

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • King

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • Prince

Votes: 27 16.9%
  • Warlord

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Chieftain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Settler

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Started playing Deity recently and have a couple of wins, so I think I'll likely stick with it. What qualifies as 'cheating' is opinion, but I'm avoiding reloads, trades before DoWs or intentionally allowing luxes to be pillaged.

Immortal seems to be the difficulty for me so far, with a rough 50/50 win rate. Thats how I want it :)

Deity, with reasonable behavior restrictions as Wolvenheart mentioned. I will reload for a reasonable start if I get something like coast+no sea resources+no river or middle or no fresh water at all.

I much prefer the freedom to do whatever I want to with a game that comes with Immortal, but it's way too easy to get in a commanding position by turn 140-150 that the AI has no reasonable way of coming back from. Deity at least has the "enrage timer" of turn 270/280 where they will launch a spaceship on you unless you pursue your goal aggressively.

dang it I should have trolled and put settler. :(

Oh, just wait, there'll sure come some serious votes for settler, no need to troll ;).
(why? Kids, just for fun players, sandbox style playing, etc)

:blush: Warlord is way too easy... but I most commonly play on it. I can win on prince. Haven't tried king yet (still pretty new to Civ5).

Prince now, sometimes king. I like to just not lose. ever. I beat the game on deity once after reading some guys and rerolling once, but it wasnt fun at all. Immortal is the same way. The game feels to mechanical for me on the higher diffuculty. I like to roleplay.

I'm currently testing out the king waters, and have won every victory condition (scratch domination)on the difficulty, however most games tend to be fairly close.

Still moving up to deity. I can win immortal most of the time, deity is still ~1 out of 2.

Um, well I said Deity but I still play Immortal a good bit. This poll might have been better if it had two options available. The problem with Deity is the AI's spam makes me want to stab my eyes out sometimes. I've also been playing around with different openings on Deity(Tradition/Honor hybrid etc.) which has led to some things blowing up in my face. :lol: I actually have more fun on Immortal because I screw around with certain strategies that won't play out so well on Deity.

I also rage less when I see annoying terrain like this when facing Longbows :lol:

Spoiler :

although I do I have a plan that might work but Askia/Dido have been trading the #1 military spot so I have little choice but to go across those mountains. :crazyeye:

Emperor with some Immortal.

I like to wonder-spam and try different strategies, and Emperor is pretty forgiving about that.

I can do Immortal, but i find the AI's insane unit-spam gets annoying.

Prince. Although I'm starting to get good enough that Prince doesn't post much challenge, but it still depends on how much the AI expands (it seems glitchy whether they expand or not). I find the AI does not have the happiness problems I have on Prince, and they sometimes can out expand me. Prince is supposed to be "even", but the AI doesn't have the happiness problems I have for some reason.

Prince. Although I'm starting to get good enough that Prince doesn't post much challenge, but it still depends on how much the AI expands (it seems glitchy whether they expand or not). I find the AI does not have the happiness problems I have on Prince, and they sometimes can out expand me. Prince is supposed to be "even", but the AI doesn't have the happiness problems I have for some reason.

Because its not, they get a production bonus, a small happiness bonus and a bonus against barbs on prince. IIRC they also get a small gold bonus.

Currently my level of confidence lays at King. Before G&K it was on Emperor but for some reason Emperor is just too hard in G&K...

Because its not, they get a production bonus, a small happiness bonus and a bonus against barbs on prince. IIRC they also get a small gold bonus.

The AI also receives all bonuses from Chieftain on all difficulties.

Top Bottom