What television shows are you watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OA was incredible at painting its story and then incredibly bad at climaxing it. So I really want to recommend it because it was ridiculously good and interesting, but I also feel like I can't recommend it.

I intended to catch up on The Americans and Legion this weekend, but got sucked into The Expanse and Killing Eve instead. I already loved Sandra Oh, I've been following her for years, but Jodie Comer is really great too. It's still early, of course, but she's already one of my favorite villains. There was a great moment in episode 3 when Comer... [plot spoiler]
Spoiler :
...kills Bill. She turns and smiles at him, and it wasn't that mustache-twirling, "I have you now" kind of smile. It was a genuine smile, which was creepier than any 'villainous' smile could have been, I think.

The city & the city ep2 was ok. Show is mildly interesting, with a decent setting. Story seems a bit of a pastiche, atm, but i will carry on watching. Possibly it will become clearer in the next ep :)

I have started on a show called Timeless. Thus far, it seems to do what Legends of Tomorrow does but much, much better.

Spoiler :
They're making the overarching series antagonist sound like the Illuminati though, and I'm not so sure I'm keen on yet another show where that's the boogeyman.

I have started on a show called Timeless. Thus far, it seems to do what Legends of Tomorrow does but much, much better.
I like this show. It's a bit like Sliders, if anybody remembers that one. Time travel is a little worn out as a sci-fi/fantasy premise, but this show handles it well enough. I like how they mess with history in small ways, and the "you can't be in two places simultaneously or bad things will happen" rule is kind of hand-wavey, but I'm okay with it. "What happens if you visit a time you've already visited?" "You don't want to know." I kind of want to know, but whatevs.

I think last night was the 2nd-season finale, but I haven't watched it yet. It seems to be this show's fate to be constantly "on the bubble." It was actually canceled and then un-canceled after season 1.

Spoiler :
They're making the overarching series antagonist sound like the Illuminati though, and I'm not so sure I'm keen on yet another show where that's the boogeyman.
Spoiler :
Yeah, they kind of are. I think it works, though, to provide a constant threat motivating Our Heroes to undertake these missions. And there are some fun twists and turns that keep it from getting as stale as it could.

I'm about midway through season 1 right now, I think. Just did the Alamo or Black Panther episode, whichever came later. :lol: If season two just finished then I can at least look forward to that releasing on Netflix in a few months. :D

Spoiler :
Bleh. Well. I guess I'm not opposed as long as Rittenhouse doesn't end up being lame-o spaghetti-o.

This season of Silicon Valley was so good. I thought I'd miss Bachman, but I didn't miss him at all.
The only problem is, I'm not sure where they're going whith now. It seems like a good finale and very few shows can stay good after five seasons.

I'm currently deciding whether or not I'm giving up on The Expanse. When I find out something will get (probably/possibly ?) cancelled without a prober resolution I tend to lose interest. Maybe I'll just read the books now.

I'm currently deciding whether or not I'm giving up on The Expanse. When I find out something will get (probably/possibly ?) cancelled without a prober resolution I tend to lose interest. Maybe I'll just read the books now.

Well dang, dude, have you watched any sci-fi shows then? :smug:

Well dang, dude, have you watched any sci-fi shows then? :smug:

I've watched a couple. Yeah, they tend to get cancelled and very few of them are actually good or stay good.
I watched Continuum until it just became too confusing, lost interest in Dark Matter after season three, liked Altered Carbon and actually like Star Trek: Discovery, but The Expanse may just be the best sci-fi show after (the first one and a half seasons of) the Battlestar. Galactica reboot. Really would be a shame if it gets cancelled.
Wasn't there talk about an adaption of Peter F. Hamilton's Night's Dawn trilogy ? I think it has been burning in development hell for over a decade, but the same was true for Altered Carbon until it suddenly came out. The problem is, the books are long and if it ever gets made will probably be either cancelled or jump the shark after season three.

Bojack Horseman may be the best adult cartoon of all time. Just finished season 1. S1, E11 was excellent.

If Timeless doesn't get renewed, its 2nd-season finale will be one of the all-time unresolved cliffhangers. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Stargate Universe. There was a hint in a previous episode that one of the pillars in the show's foundation maybe wasn't as solid as we'd been led to believe, but this finale rips the pillar out and clubs you over the head with it. One of the jaw-droppers I sort of saw coming and sort of didn't, but one of the others I genuinely didn't anticipate, and it was awesome.

Spoiler :
Clearly, you didn't need to be Nostradamus to see Rufus' death coming. In fact, they were being so obvious about it, I actually thought they were setting us up, and were going to kill Wyatt instead. I became convinced when we learned that Jessica is a Rittenhouse agent. However, Emma shooting Lucy's mother and great-grandfather took me entirely by surprise. "God, I am so tired of this." *blamblam* Fantastic. :lol:

I've read that the ratings for the finale were up, but I don't know how much that means for its renewal chances.

Elsewhere, Agents of SHIELD got a short-season renewal. The premier date wasn't announced, which I think isn't unusual in itself, but it does make me wonder if next season will start after Captain Marvel and Avengers 4, both in its story-timeline and on the real-world calendar. If so, the Netflix shows could perhaps just go on their merry way without even referencing the events of Infinity War as AoS has done. They have a track record for studiously ignoring the outside, ongoing MCU.

Bojack Horseman may be the best adult cartoon of all time. Just finished season 1. S1, E11 was excellent.
I gave up after season 2. I don't know it just wasn't funny anymore and was super depressing. The whole self-sabotage schtick got old too.

I gave up after season 2. I don't know it just wasn't funny anymore and was super depressing. The whole self-sabotage schtick got old too.

Yeah, I couldn't get into Bojack Horseman because at some point it's like "I'm watching the tv to get away from how I've ruined my own life repeatedly, not be reminded of it constantly"

Blasphemy! Oh you said may be. Yes it may be true if Archer, Futurama and South Park were suddenly wiped from existence.

If Timeless doesn't get renewed, its 2nd-season finale will be one of the all-time unresolved cliffhangers. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Stargate Universe. There was a hint in a previous episode that one of the pillars in the show's foundation maybe wasn't as solid as we'd been led to believe, but this finale rips the pillar out and clubs you over the head with it. One of the jaw-droppers I sort of saw coming and sort of didn't, but one of the others I genuinely didn't anticipate, and it was awesome.

Should I bother with starting season 2, then? I only have 4 episodes left in season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom