Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Spiritual

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • One I might have missed

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

Titan2018

Warlord
So what are your favorite traits and why?

I like to grab wonders so I love Industrial but I'm looking for a 2nd trait to combine it with.

I like all traits. Variety gives this game flavour.

Imperialistic is my current favorite. gets a lot of stick here, but i lvoe settling GG's in my military city, then build west point when that becomes available. so sweet for warmongering. better than aggressive.

I don't really have favourite traits. I don't like protective, but that's about it.. Cha, Cre, Exp, Fin, Org, Phi, Spi - maybe those seven would all be my favourites :)

Protective helps out my play style (Turtle, Tech, culture/Space, in roughly that order), and I take what I want to try. I play casually, anyways.

Spiritual ftw! I like to found early religion (and usually spiritual leaders start with mystism) and anarchy-free civic changing is cool also =P. Aggressive is maybe my 2nd favourite.

I vote spiritual. I don't say it's the best. I say it's cool.
Being able to change civics all the time opens for many possibilities.

Charismatic and Financial are my favorites. Cha is my favorite warmonger trait; I love the flexibility it offers - it's not limited to 2 types of units, and you can choose the extra promotions. It's also great for building up super-units. The extra happiness is gold in the early part of theg ame as well, it gives you a little more flexibility for whipping early on. Finanacial is my favorite economy trait, because I think it's the most outright powerful of the economic traits, and being able to get three commerce from riverside cottages early on is huge. If you get any floodplains or lakes in your starting area you'll have heaps of food, great production from whipping, and lots of commerce as well.

Financial and creative are pretty great. I'm hooked on Van Orange of the Dutch since I bought BTS. Play him on an archipelago, medium/small or big/small map and he's unstoppable. :hammer:

yup mrwhite i'm loving the dutch! wicked fun, 3 games in a row, now i'm on my 2nd joao game in a row. i have to stop this water obsession i guess?

but i answered the poll with the trait that i get the best use out of, and know how to manipulate the best. that is spiritual. even if they took away cheap temples, took away your starting techs, and the only bonus you got was no anarchy, spiritual is the life for me. forever and ever amen.

well i'd hav to go with industrious as my favourite :D
Only because grabbing early wonders and lots of them can bring you a lot of benefits that other traits would...

(e.g. Pentagon is similar to the combat experience gained from aggressive)

I vote spiritual. I don't say it's the best. I say it's cool.
Being able to change civics all the time opens for many possibilities.

Now with the eyond the Sword out, the Cristo Redentor pretty much eliminates the spirutual trait. Apart from being able to found early religions (which becomes even more of a benefit in BTS).

Now with the eyond the Sword out, the Cristo Redentor pretty much eliminates the spirutual trait. Apart from being able to found early religions (which becomes even more of a benefit in BTS).

:confused: Eliminates it? When you have to play 2/3 of the game before that wonder becomes available? And when you can miss out on that wonder to an AI? And when being Spiritual makes that wonder half as expensive?

Golden Ages certainly take some of the shine off Spiritual. Nevertheless, I've been finding it, if anything, more useful in BtS, what with it being less desirable to stay in Slavery all the time, the SP opening up all the religious civics (combined with Pyramids this is just sick for a Spiritual leader), and the AI building more troops (meaning I need more frequent bursts of military production).

Spiritual is still the best, imo.

edit: btw, for my first game on BtS I gave myself the CR from the start. Cripes, that's a lot of micromanagement even by my anally retentive standards!

Top Bottom