What Video Games Have You Been Playing? IX: Now With 4K VR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can get a Lotad or Lombre in the Johto Safari Zone, its typing is really nothing to sneeze at. You'll need a Water Stone if you want a Ludicolo, though.

I've been thinking I might breed Umbreon to get another Eevee which can be evolved into Jolteon.

In HGSS, it can get Discharge at level 78. Discharge is good.

Path of Exile: My lightning-throwing Templar seems to have hit a wall, when it comes to the boss fights. Around level 60, I'm clearing out rooms full of goons with ease, but I'm getting really frustrated with the bosses. I guess my single-target DPS & Debuffs just aren't sufficient. The fight with Doedre was incredibly tedious, even after I Googled the mother[lover] to figure out what I was missing (it was the bit with turning the valves to throw off the debuffs). And I'm not even in the endgame yet. One problem seems to be that when I die, it happens so fast that I don't know what killed me or which part of my defenses failed. So far I've built on items that provide Armor and Energy Shield and skipped Evasion. My Elemental Resistances are around 110% and my Chaos Resistance is around 30%. I think Arctic Armor is my only enemy-debuff, and that's really aimed at numbers of bad guys in close quarters; it does next-to-nothing to bosses, or to anyone using ranged attacks. Last night I tried to fight Yugul in the High Gardens and I didn't even scratch his paint before he smashed me; I just said "screw this" and moved on to other things. Either my build is fatally flawed or the jump in difficulty from the minions in the High Gardens to Yugul himself is totally out of whack. The idea of abandoning this character and starting over from scratch doesn't sound appealing.

Oh no, we're keeping it in the level 50 competition for now.

Thunderbolt is also good, but you'll need a TM for that.

Eevee learns Baton Pass at level 36, though Jolteon will miss out on some moves (Double Kick and Pin Missile mostly, though it run off of Jolteon's not-so-great Atk.) if you wait to evolve.

EDIT: I'm bad with numbers.

Well I am doing the Battle Tower in Heartgold and I made it to the first encounter with Palmer and OHKOed his Rhyperior and Dragonite with Starmie's bllizzard, then Milotic comes out and I hit it with Thunder, take it to red HP and paralyze. I then proceed to miss the next three Thunders in a row, while Milotic misses two Hypnosis then hits the third, then faints sleeping Starmie with Surf, then faints Umbreon with Surf, then faints Aerodactyl with Surf.

So incredibly frustrating. Not one single turn of Milotic being paralyzed and unable to attack. And the game displays Thunder's accuracy as 70% but I think it's really closer to 30% judging from the hit/miss ratio I see.

that's what you get for not using Tbolt.. :lol: :lol:

most pokémon are, really, as exhibited by their ability to only say, like, a single "words"? what's up with that?

imagine being limited in your speech to different intonations of your name. bleh.

johnny? :( johnnnyyyy! :)

most pokémon are, really, as exhibited by their ability to only say, like, a single "words"? what's up with that?

imagine being limited in your speech to different intonations of your name. bleh.

You Called?

Moderator Action: A quote and an image do not a post make. It is spam. Please do not do this. --LM

Last edited:

That's only in the anime, though.

In Pokemon Y, they allowed you to keep the TM's after use. The last game I played before Y was Silver, in which you can use each TM once (IIRC). For some reason, when the TM didn't dissappear from my inventory, I decided that meant that HM's could be overwritten. I have no idea how I made that leap.

Anyways, the result was I put cut on a Pokemon out of convenience and expected to be able to overwrite the move. Nope.jpg I was so mad I ended up removing an otherwise promising Pokemon from the roster permanently.

In Pokemon Y, they allowed you to keep the TM's after use. The last game I played before Y was Silver, in which you can use each TM once (IIRC). For some reason, when the TM didn't dissappear from my inventory, I decided that meant that HM's could be overwritten. I have no idea how I made that leap.

Anyways, the result was I put cut on a Pokemon out of convenience and expected to be able to overwrite the move. Nope.jpg I was so mad I ended up removing an otherwise promising Pokemon from the roster permanently.

There should be a move deleter somewhere though? There have been move deleters since Gen 2 afaik...

It will delete an HM?

Does it leave a hole in their move list or does it let you select a new one?

It leaves a hole. It was implemented in Gen 2 because the Time Capsule (or whatever it was called) feature that allowed you to trade with Gen 1 necessitated a way to remove the HM moves that were introduced in Gen 2. I be using it all the time, e.g. I taught a bunch of pokemon HM moves instead of moves that you can buy in the department store so I could get items etc. then when going into battle you just delete those moves and teach them the TMs again.

In Mount & Blade: Viking Conquest, I'm trying an abolitionist playthrough. My character's background was a life as a slave, and after the usual trade routes I could afford a large longship and crew. I'm trying to attack every slave trader convoy I see, enlist the freed slaves, and repeat.

It's not going well. See, slaves upgrade to lowly farmers, and still need 110+ peningas to upgrade. Farmers are an absurd level 12 experience and take even more money, time, and training skill to upgrade to lowly watchmen, and so on. Building a refuge and hiring a trainer could help but it's not cheap at all. To make matters worse, I'm alone in my anti-slavery sentiment in Dark Age Britain, so attacking slave traders hurts relations with the ports whence they came and whither they sail.
To make matters even worse, I lose reputation for freeing slaves. 9th-century abolitionism seems rather impossible...

Played The Witcher 3 over the past 2 weeks, I beat the base game and both expansions. It took me 99 hours to do it :D

Resident Evil 2 is coming out January 25th so I wanted to beat TW3 by then but I didn't think i'd do it this quick. I beelined the main plot in both expansions since I wanted to just beat them, there is a lot of content I didn't do. (sidequests, witcher contracts, etc.)

I can't recommend the game enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom