What will be the remaining civs in Brave New World?

What will be the remaining civs in Brave New World?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cherokee have been mentioned a couple times.

As for the Mississippians, the primary problem is that we lack a leader or language; the old culture had largely collapsed by the time we were able to record the details of their descendants.

There are several groups around today who are descendants of the Mississippans such as the Natchez, though I think it might be hard to find a decent voice actor for them oter than a university-trained linguist/anthropologist or something (then again we had Attila speaking Chuvash from Gods and Kings, so who knows?).

Speaking of which, I'm interested in how they'll handle language for some of the possible civs. For instance, if Vietnam's in for whatever reason, I'm interested in what dialect they'd choose - it shouldn't be too hard to find a decent voice actor for either gender given the large amount of overseas Vietnamese in the US (not to mention there is a somewhat developed Vietnamese media here), but many of the Vietnamese here (to my knowledge) speak with the southern accent, which is stereotyped as being the Texan-like accent of Vietnam, while the northern accent is stereotyped as the "cultured" and "proper", British-like accent - and then there's the Central accent, which no one understands. Ideally in terms of historical "accuracy" the Central accent would be the best, as to my knowledge it's linguistically the closest to middle Vietnamese, but in terms of immersion the northern accent would be better given that pretty much any potential leader for the Vietnam civ comes from the north, and it's seen as the "proper" accent by some Vietnamese.

What about Hungarian, I'm wondering? Is there a specific dialect or accent that would suit a Hungarian leader more?

Well, yes, there are descendants in terms of language, but you'd be hard-pressed to choose a leader who isn't from one of those descended groups (AFAIK, it'd be impossible).

EDIT:
I'd say with the Pueblo gone, we're probably most likely to see the Navajo come in, given the similar geographic location and cultural recognition.

Well, yes, there are descendants in terms of language, but you'd be hard-pressed to choose a leader who isn't from one of those descended groups (AFAIK, it'd be impossible).

For the Mississippans the closest leader I think would be Tuskaloosa (however it's spelled), one of the Mississippan rulers/chiefs/kings/whatever that the Spanish encountered in their exploration of the region. They could have him speaking Natchez or some other language spoken in the region today (like how, as mentioned previously, there is Attila speaking Chuvash, Dido and Ramses speaking some dialect of Arabic, etc.). But yes, the fact that it's difficult to find a decent leader reduces the Mississipans' chances considerably.

didn't uncle Ho have a central dialect?
but yeah north is proper dialect(this again sort of brings up the whole south hates the north problem... Again)

didn't uncle Ho have a central dialect?
but yeah north is proper dialect(this again sort of brings up the whole south hates the north problem... Again)

I dunn owhat accent Ho had, I thought and assumed he was northern. Although indeed the dialect thing is a bit heated among some Vietnamese - my dad for instance made a big deal when he watched this recent Vietnamese movie that took place during the medieval era, and they all were speaking southern dialect even though they should have been speaking north from the north (so he said). But oh well, if Vietnam is in I'd love to hear and sort of understand what the leaders are saying, no matter what dialect (well, except Central, I still can't understand that, and neither can my dad or many non-Central Vietnamese for that matter).

I dunn owhat accent Ho had, I thought and assumed he was northern. Although indeed the dialect thing is a bit heated among some Vietnamese - my dad for instance made a big deal when he watched this recent Vietnamese movie that took place during the medieval era, and they all were speaking southern dialect even though they should have been speaking north from the north (so he said). But oh well, if Vietnam is in I'd love to hear and sort of understand what the leaders are saying, no matter what dialect (well, except Central, I still can't understand that, and neither can my dad or many non-Central Vietnamese for that matter).

Vietnam where they hate on the opposite side of the country and the center whenever possible.
and ethnic minorities
and the khmer
and china

Cherokee
Leader: John Ross
UA: Cherokee Phoenix (2 Free Techs upon first contact with a civ from another continent)
UGP: Didanvwisgi (Heals units within 2 tiles)
UU: Chickasaw Warrior (Just like Denmark got a Norwegian unit and Sweden got a Finnish unit)

Holy Roman Empire
Leader: Charlemagne
UA: Carolingian Renaissance (Bonus culture during golden ages)
UU: Doppelsöldner (or Landsknecht if they steal it from Germany)
UU: Hansa Merchant (Improved Cargo Ship)

For the Mississippans the closest leader I think would be Tuskaloosa (however it's spelled), one of the Mississippan rulers/chiefs/kings/whatever that the Spanish encountered in their exploration of the region. They could have him speaking Natchez or some other language spoken in the region today (like how, as mentioned previously, there is Attila speaking Chuvash, Dido and Ramses speaking some dialect of Arabic, etc.). But yes, the fact that it's difficult to find a decent leader reduces the Mississipans' chances considerably.

They could use Choctaw, a living Muskogean language. The Muskogeans (Muskogee/Creek, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Alabama, Mikasuki) were definitely descendants of the Mississippians.

I think the remaining Civs are quite obviously Brazil (already confirmed), Portugal, Zulu, Majapahit, Sioux, Kongo and the last spot is the most interesting one, voted for Khazars, but it could be almost anything. I feel Pueblo, Inuit, Israel, Khmer, Vietnam and Tibet have a good chance.

Assyria was bit of a surprise for me and because of their inclusion and WOTAW DLC I feel Sumer nor Hittites won't make in.

Based on :

http://www.civilized.de/www/content/index.php?cat=reports_civ5_bnw_ed_01_en

4. International Trade Routes

How does it work?
Trade Routes are established between two cities of different civilizations using trade route units like the Caravan or Cargo Ship. Although both parties gain gold from the route, the civilization that the trade route originates from gets a larger sum of gold than the destination civilization. Additionally, other systems hitch a ride on trade routes, like religious pressure, science (science can be gained from more advanced civilization this way), Tourism bonuses, and more.

Additionally, trade routes can also be created between two cities of the same civilization. Once the origin city has a Granary, it can send food to the destination city, and once it has a Workshop it can send production. This can be powerful if you have a new city that needs to be “pumped up”, or a city that’s constructing a Wonder that could use a production bump.

What are the preconditions?
Caravan units (the earliest trade unit) become available after you’ve researched Animal Husbandry. They can be used to establish land-based trade routes, and have a limited range that they can travel. Even though you can only have a single trade route at the beginning of the game, you unlock additional trade routes as your civilization becomes more advanced.

Are there links to diplomacy?
Yes! A lucrative trade route is going to give you a positive modifier to your relationship with that partner, and if you’re spreading religion then you’re likely to see a benefit from that as well. Sometimes it pays to make friends. Sometimes your friends pay you, too.

I speculate that one of the new Civs in BNW will have so kind of bonus to the international trade routes system. The Silk Road is the most famous trade route of all time so I think we'll get one Civ from it's fame. Most deserving would be the Kushan Empire, Khazar Khaganate or the Timurid Dynasty all of playing major role in history of the trade route.

Though, alternatively the Arabian UA "Trade Caravans" could be changed to give bonus to the new Caravan unit since it has been confirmed that "-Some Civs have been changed."

Based on current trends they'll have a bearded leader. Who could we have for that?

Hmmm...let me think.
Charlemagne(Franks), Tamerlande(Timurids), Ho Chi Min(Vietnam), Akbar(Mughals), Garibaldi(Italy), any Italian king(Italy), Vladimir Great(Ukraine), Yaroslav the Wise(Ukraine), Emperor Barbarossa(Germany or HRE), Karl Marx(dark horse Commusnist civ).
Those are all I can think of right now.:lol:

Hmmm...let me think.
Charlemagne(Franks), Tamerlande(Timurids), Ho Chi Min(Vietnam), Akbar(Mughals), Garibaldi(Italy), any Italian king(Italy), Vladimir Great(Ukraine), Yaroslav the Wise(Ukraine), Emperor Barbarossa(Germany or HRE), Karl Marx(dark horse Commusnist civ).
Those are all I can think of right now.:lol:

You forgot Santa Claus from the Lapponian Empire! DX

Art Grin, that is just too funny! :)

It would be even funnier if Santa Pedro was dressed up in Carnival clothes during Golden Ages, Borat-style, beemingly happy, obviously with that X-mas hat slightly more perky...

My opinion seems to shift every day. Here's what I'm thinking for the last 6 today.

Portugal - Trade Routes. come on, this is their thing
Zulu, Bantu, or South Africa - tie into SfA scenario
Vietnam - I'm feeling confident about this, Ideology Turtle
Comanche - replace the Pueblo, fits the trade route theme
Afghanistan - silk road and Ideology
Ashanti or Kongo - slave trading native empire for trade routes and SfA scenario

Top Bottom