What you HATE in DOC?

You mean as opposed to Parsa?

Yeah, or if you want to try to survive as the Persians you pretty much have to because of the Seljuk spawn. If we're talking in terms of the UHV only, Parsa is a better location (Iron is right there, good surrounding resources) but the early food production is too low.

It shouldn't be cranking out the food though, Persia was never extremely fertile.

Yeah, or if you want to try to survive as the Persians you pretty much have to because of the Seljuk spawn. If we're talking in terms of the UHV only, Parsa is a better location (Iron is right there, good surrounding resources) but the early food production is too low.

It shouldn't be cranking out the food though, Persia was never extremely fertile.
Of course, but situations where it almost becomes unfeasible to work an iron tile if you want to continue growing should be rectified.

That settling on a resource does not provide full yield anymore, it's really terrible. Was such an awesome feature of the mod.
And ofcource bugs, endless bugs of subversion. Have no idea how people are saying "Oh, it's just CTD'ed and I stopped to play" lol

That settling on a resource does not provide full yield anymore, it's really terrible. Was such an awesome feature of the mod.
And ofcource bugs, endless bugs of subversion. Have no idea how people are saying "Oh, it's just CTD'ed and I stopped to play" lol

It is because some players exploited it into supercities like that infamous in South Africa, so Leoreth decided to punish everybody instead of modding terrain a bit on certain supercities enabling locations.

It is because some players exploited it into supercities like that infamous in South Africa, so Leoreth decided to punish everybody instead of modding terrain a bit on certain supercities enabling locations.
Assuming that is actually possible.

I have noticed that you no longer get the bonus for settling on a resource, but you no longer get the resource itself? Or was that just because I hadnt researched Masonry as the Chinese when settling on a stone?

I'm playing as Italy and the city of Rome is not in my core area. Is this some kind of sick joke?

I'm playing as Italy and the city of Rome is not in my core area. Is this some kind of sick joke?

It represents the independence of the Papal State until the 19th century, when Italian core expands itself over the whole peninsula.

Until then, I do believe all of the boot is at least historical so your stability won't plummet if you decide to reunite Italy 900 or so years beforehand.

Well then the Italy spawn should be much later because right now it doesn't make any sense. Northern Italy was not united either they were constantly fighting each other so why is that core area and Rome and Southern Italy is not? And the game wants you to make Florence your capital that also make no sense to me and that city placement is terrible. This whole thing just confuses me. Why not have the Venetian Republic and then Italy spawn in 19th century?

I've been a fan of a later Italian spawn myself. The first two UHV goals work fine, but controlling 65% of the Mediterranean is problematic (unless it's still by 1930, in which case everyone does it super early anyway). Otherwise, you normally deal with a strong Ottoman Empire to your east as well as France & Spain to the west, and Holy Rome to your north. Italy just does not have the production power to compete with all of those civs, especially when you get to the later eras and units like Riflemen are more expensive, and you'll most likely never get to use your UU. Plus your starting army only comprises of something like 4 crossbowman and 3 pikes & trebuchets each. That's hardly a force to unite Italy with, and it won't do you much good on defense either.

Wasn't it in, not by, 1930? That's how it was in the olden days of 1.10...

I do agree with both of y'all; I'd suggest giving Italy some breathing room on the sea if they ever want to complete their third UHV. In theory, Venetia is supposed to give you that breathing room but often times enemy territory stands in the way of leaving that little sea. Maybe a bit more ports downside or encourage the HRE and Byzantine to settle on the coast to add further incentive to declare independence wars on both of them.

Regarding Venice, either as a civ by itself or as component of Italy, it doesn't help that the Balkans are compressed relative to the rest of Europe.

Top Bottom