What's Your Army?

I've a friend who started painting minis a year ago, at 32. His minis are looking more than passable. Try to get a lesson at your local store.

As he's from Down Under, he's probably celebrating Christmas or New Years or some other winter holiday. :p

I tried the new Citadel Washes yesterday, the first impression is great. :) Easier to use than inks, nice result. I'm converting BfSP goblins to skavenslaves, tried painting one of those.

I tried the new Citadel Washes yesterday, the first impression is great. :) Easier to use than inks, nice result. I'm converting BfSP goblins to skavenslaves, tried painting one of those.

I did that. I also used the wizard as a chieftan with skaven brew to lead them
The people from my club said I was bieng cheap:mischief:

Battlefield: Urban
Game Type: Objective
Game Size: 500pts
Game Length: 6 turns

High Elves

Spoiler :
Noble (General)
Equipment: War Banner, Helm of Fortune, Heavy Armor, Shield, Lance
Mount: Barded Elven Steed

Spearmen Unit 1
(No Command)
Elves: 13 Losses: 0

Spearmen Unit 2
(No Command)
Elves: 13 Losses: 0

Spearmen Unit 3
(No Command)
Elves: 12 Losses: 2

Objectives Held: 3
Objective Bonus: 300pts

Total Victory Points:782

Wood Elves

Spoiler :
Spellsinger (General)
Equipment: Ranu's Heartstone, Elynett's Brooch, Rageth's Wildfire Blades

Glade Guard
(Full Command)
Elves: 10 Losses: 0

Waywatchers - Routed
(Champion)
Elves: 6 Losses: 3

Total Victory Points: 291

My brother and I played a couple of days ago. Yep. I think I already did the intro. :p Anyways, the game was an objective game - duh. Whoever had the most points within 5" of the objective you get it. yep.

Anyways my brother opted not to use the scout deployment style in this game for some odd reason. I had first turn and I sent each of my spearmen units to their respective objectives. My General with re-rolled 2+ armor saves was running interference for my spearmen. He got the Waywatchers, and killed 2 on the turn he charged. He got another one the next turn and the dudes routed. Then my brother used his mage to fry 2 of my guys with four spells. It sucked for him. Going by averages, that unit should be in your next meal at KFC (Kentucky-Fried-Creatures). Yum. Crispy Elves. But I only lost 2 guys.

His Glade guard took a detour around a residential district. He wanted them around my forces by turn four. They got there and in a firing position in five. It sucked. He only fired one volley at long range at my general. 3 or 4 hits and no wounds.

Okay, its official. the Dark Elves are getting their share of goodies.

New Edition Dark Elves - Link

It seems to me like they are getting 3 or 4 new remodeled guys - Black Ark Corsairs - Assasin? - Cold One Knights (the cold ones seem more 'raptorish') - and one devilishly attractive hydra. They also have 2 new classes of Druchii Noblety, but it might just be a renaming.
One of the units is apparently Mengal's Flayers. It says they sell their skills to the highest bidder. I wonder how good their catfish is? :p

Okay, its official. the Dark Elves are getting their share of goodies.

New Edition Dark Elves - Link

It seems to me like they are getting 3 or 4 new remodeled guys - Black Ark Corsairs - Assasin? - Cold One Knights (the cold ones seem more 'raptorish') - and one devilishly attractive hydra. They also have 2 new classes of Druchii Noblety, but it might just be a renaming.
One of the units is apparently Mengal's Flayers. It says they sell their skills to the highest bidder. I wonder how good their catfish is? :p
probably not as good as the necron atomically flayed ones are

Updating: I'm closing in on 4,000 points of Orks now, and actually getting around to some painting, although i've still got tonnes more stuff unpainted than painted. Havent had a battle in a while, and will have to take on the chaos army again soon, ready to krump da spikey beakies good! :D

My current list:
Spoiler :
HQ
Warboss Pee-Joo (uses Ghazghkull rules)..... 225 points

ELITES
3 Nobs (60) w/ 'Eavy Armour (15); 1 w/ Twin-Linked Shoota (5) and Big Choppa (5), 1 w/ Kombi Shoota-Rokkit (5) and Big Choppa (5), 1 w/ Slugga and Choppa..... 95

4 Mega Nobs (120), 2 w/ Twin-Linked Shootas, 1 w/ Kombi Shoota-Rokkit (5), 1 w/ Kombi Shoota-Scorcha (5)..... 170 points

15 Speshul Ops (150), w/ 2 Burnas (30); Nob (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 225 points

9 Piratez (90), w/ 2 Big Shootas (10); Cap'n Jakk [Nob] (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 145 points

14 Lootas..... 210 points

12 Burna Boyz (180) w/ 2 Meks; 1 w/ Kustom Mega Blasta, 1 w/ Slugga and Choppa..... 120 points

13 Tankbustas (195) w/ 1 Tankhammer, 2 Bomb Squigs (10); Nob (10) w/ 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 225 points

TROOPS
30 Slugga Boyz (180) w/ 3 Big Shootas (15); Nob (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 240 points

30 Slugga Boyz (180) w/ 3 Big Shootas (15); Nob (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 240 points

20 'Ard Boyz (200); Nob (10) w/ Big Choppa (5), Bosspole (5)..... 220 points

30 Shoota Boyz (180) w/ 3 Big Shootas (15); Nob (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 240 points

20 Oomie Slavez [Grots] (60); 2 Runtherds (20) w/ Grot Prod (5)..... 85 points

10 Slugga Boyz (60) w/ 1 Big Shoota (5); Nob (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5); Trukk (35) w/ Big Shoota, Red Paint Job (5), Grot Riggers (5), Armour Plates (10), Reinforced Ram (5)..... 180 points

10 Slugga Boyz (60) w/ 1 Big Shoota (5); Nob (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5); Trukk (35) w/ Big Shoota, Red Paint Job (5), Grot Riggers (5), Armour Plates (10), Reinforced Ram (5)..... 180 points

FAST ATTACK
8 Stormboyz (96), Nob (10) w/ Big Choppa (5), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 121 points

11 Warbikes (275), Nob (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), Bosspole (5).... 290 points

2 Warbuggies (60) w/ Twin-Linked Rokkits (10), Red Paint Jobs (10), Grot riggers (10), Armour Plates (20)..... 110 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
3 Killa Kanz (105) w/ Big Shootas (15)..... 120 points
2 Zzap Gunz (60) w/ 3 Additional Crew (9)..... 69 points
Looted Wagon (35) w/ Boomgun (70), 2 Big Shootas (10), 'Ard Case (10), Grot Riggers (5), Armour Plates (10)..... 140 points
Looted Wagon (35) w/ Boomgun (70), 2 Big Shootas (10), 'Ard Case (10), Grot Riggers (5), Armour Plates (10)..... 140 points

Total: 3,990 points

I'm planning on rounding out the Lootas (only one more to go), Burnas, Tankbustas and Pirates, converting a Weirdboy, maybe getting a Big Mek, adding a Painboy to the Nobs, building the trukk that i havent built yet, and once the 5th edition starter set comes out, i'll have about 5 more nobs to add to the mob, an 'eavy armoured warboss, more slugga boyz, and THREE DEFF KOPTAS!!!

There is also space marine stuff that i'll either use as base decoration as kills, or maybe loot some of the stuff. the dreadnought is definately looted :) it sounds like quite a good starter set

Updating: I'm closing in on 4,000 points of Orks now, and actually getting around to some painting, although i've still got tonnes more stuff unpainted than painted. Havent had a battle in a while, and will have to take on the chaos army again soon, ready to krump da spikey beakies good! :D

My current list:
Spoiler :
HQ
Warboss Pee-Joo (uses Ghazghkull rules)..... 225 points

ELITES
3 Nobs (60) w/ 'Eavy Armour (15); 1 w/ Twin-Linked Shoota (5) and Big Choppa (5), 1 w/ Kombi Shoota-Rokkit (5) and Big Choppa (5), 1 w/ Slugga and Choppa..... 95

4 Mega Nobs (120), 2 w/ Twin-Linked Shootas, 1 w/ Kombi Shoota-Rokkit (5), 1 w/ Kombi Shoota-Scorcha (5)..... 170 points

15 Speshul Ops (150), w/ 2 Burnas (30); Nob (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 225 points

9 Piratez (90), w/ 2 Big Shootas (10); Cap'n Jakk [Nob] (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 145 points

14 Lootas..... 210 points

12 Burna Boyz (180) w/ 2 Meks; 1 w/ Kustom Mega Blasta, 1 w/ Slugga and Choppa..... 120 points

13 Tankbustas (195) w/ 1 Tankhammer, 2 Bomb Squigs (10); Nob (10) w/ 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 225 points

TROOPS

20 'Ard Boyz (200); Nob (10) w/ Big Choppa (5), Bosspole (5)..... 220 points

30 Shoota Boyz (180) w/ 3 Big Shootas (15); Nob (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 240 points

20 Oomie Slavez [Grots] (60); 2 Runtherds (20) w/ Grot Prod (5)..... 85 points

FAST ATTACK
8 Stormboyz (96), Nob (10) w/ Big Choppa (5), 'Eavy Armour (5), Bosspole (5)..... 121 points

11 Warbikes (275), Nob (10) w/ Powerklaw (25), Bosspole (5).... 290 points

2 Warbuggies (60) w/ Twin-Linked Rokkits (10), Red Paint Jobs (10), Grot riggers (10), Armour Plates (20)..... 110 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
3 Killa Kanz (105) w/ Big Shootas (15)..... 120 points
2 Zzap Gunz (60) w/ 3 Additional Crew (9)..... 69 points

Total: 3,990 points

I'm planning on rounding out the Lootas (only one more to go), Burnas, Tankbustas and Pirates, converting a Weirdboy, maybe getting a Big Mek, adding a Painboy to the Nobs, building the trukk that i havent built yet, and once the 5th edition starter set comes out, i'll have about 5 more nobs to add to the mob, an 'eavy armoured warboss, more slugga boyz, and THREE DEFF KOPTAS!!!

There is also space marine stuff that i'll either use as base decoration as kills, or maybe loot some of the stuff. the dreadnought is definately looted :) it sounds like quite a good starter set
U should get a baneblade or two, and turn 'em inta LOOTAS!

My slaves before the new washes:

And after:

Look at those nice fingers for example, that's just a green basecoat and then a Thraka Green wash. :) I have seventeen of them finished now (apart from bases), six primed and another ten or so converted.

I saw an awesome undead army yesterday during a tournament. I was converted with high elves.

The guy used Spearmen as zombies and swordmasters as grave guard.

He said he hack-sawed the guys heads of and he used skeleton heads on them instead.
He also used the skeleton arms instead of the spears. Anyways, it looked awesome.

I saw something like that in an old WD. Did he have great eagles as great bats, one of them pulling off the head of a empire soldier?

I have now converted my BfSP gobbos, about 50 of them, to slaves. I'll post a pic when I've based the ones that are finished.

Top Bottom