What's your favorite board game to play?

What's your favorite board game to play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've always been partial to Ticket to Ride. I like games that aren't too complicated to learn/set up, I like maps, and I like trains, so yeah.

I have the Steam version, and can't make heads or tails of it.

I've also got Cluedo, and there are options to play with other people. I don't have anyone to play with, so have to make do with AI opponents. :(

I played Power Grid on Saturday for the first time with my dad and a family friend. I was pretty tired so I knew I got a few rules wrong but we kept playing – it was actually pretty speedy (90 minutes) because our friend just did all the arithmetic in our head for us, I didn't need the calculators I brought. My dad has trouble with less heavy games, but he got the hang of this one; he really enjoyed all the different things that were going on, like the market and the auctions.

Usually my dad hesitates to play a game twice in one day, especially if he loses the first one like he did – I bought all the oil and kept my dad from powering his plants and our friend was too busy helping us to realise he was out of the running. But he enjoyed it enough that he wanted another playthrough. He won that one.

Top Bottom