What's Your Favorite Wonder...to RAZE???

yturk39

Warlord
Mine would have to be the Great Wall.

It's a great way to say "@#$% YOU!!!" to the guy who made your early game life frustrating with barbs. It also makes them have to SERIOUSLY rework their military strategy. No more double GG points within your borders! Oops!

As an added bonus, if you raze the city that has it, the wall itself STILL shows up on the map...a nice, constant reminder to that Civ of their utter humiliation at your hands.

Muhuhahahahaaa!!!

I'm in the middle of a game now where I sent a nice stack to take out Ramses capital where he had built Stonehenge, the Great Wall, and the Holy City for Judaism (which the prick wouldn't share with me) was located. The diplo hit for razing it sucks, but what can I say? He attacked me first!

Mission accomplished and he didn't get anywhere near his first Great General!

Razing the enemy capital? Wouldn't it be a nice city to hold, and shrine? Wouldn't you want to use the GG bonus for yourself? They're not getting the bonus if you capture it.

Anyhow, AP on a foreign continent/religion and it's not even close.

The AP and UN are equally on my to raze list (unless I'm going for a diplo victory). Hell I'll raze the city with either in it even if it razes every other wonder built as well.

I see many people willing to raze AP/UN, why not play with diplomatic victory off then? As far as I know it just turn off these 2 wonders.

The only Wonders I can think of wanting to raze are the AP and the UN. Why would I raze the GWall or Stonehenge if I can keep them for myself? Usually Wonders are in good cities too...

I see many people willing to raze AP/UN, why not play with diplomatic victory off then? As far as I know it just turn off these 2 wonders.

It's not because diplo victories are inherently bad and should be disabled (though some might argue that this is not true of the AP). It's that if you don't have them on your side, they're the only Wonders that can lose the game for you, and sometimes it's necessary to take a city out of desperation and raze it to eliminate the chance of losing. I like playing with the AP and UN, but only when they're helping me. Otherwise, they have to go. :mischief:

Because I want to give the AIs every chance to win. And I sometimes go for Diplo victory if I am unable to get any other non Space Victory. (I hate that Victory and therefore never pursue it but leave it on for the AIs)

I'll always raze the city with the pyramids! It take the AI so long to build them and bam, Took their city and their work is bye bye

Huayna Capac's 49,999- culture capital, followed by his 45,000- culture 2nd and 3rd cities.

The only wonder I would raze is AP if I don't have that religion in many cities. I'll usually be trying to manipulate the AP if I can so I don't raze it if I've had a chance to spread the AP religion to some of my cities.

I can imagine razing the UN but haven't run into the situation yet. Usually by the time I capture the city with the UN in it (another developed Civ), I'm big enough that the UN isn't much of a threat to me.

All other wonders I'm more than happy to capture and use. Stonehenge or Pyramids are very nice to capture from the fool that built them. I don't raze holy cities because of multiple diplo hits (-5 IIRC) and I can get the shrine gold.

In theory I'd raze the AP or UN if they were causing me grief, but I've actually never done either. I can't see any really good reason to raze other wonders because any city with enough food and hammers to build wonders is almost always a keeper by definition.

Only thing I would raze is a city with rival corporation headquarters.

I never raze cities with wonders in them, always keep for myself. I would raze only if I don't think I can hold it.

If the AI gets their hands on a corporation like Cereal Mills and starts spamming it into my empire, I immedieately launch a war and raze that city. Other than that, I've only razed one wonder city, and that was Berlin which had two thirds of every ancient era wonders.

If the AI gets their hands on a corporation like Cereal Mills and starts spamming it into my empire, I immedieately launch a war and raze that city. Other than that, I've only razed one wonder city, and that was Berlin which had two thirds of every ancient era wonders.

The annoying situation is where your vassal gets one of those rival corporations. Then you can't do anything about it, except to demand every resource from that rival to prevent its spread.

Top Bottom